About to pull the trigger on my first kit.. anything I'm missing?

GoldenMotor.com

redpiper777

Dec 16, 2008
Michigan
Looking at this kit:
Zoombicycles Motor Bicycle Gas Engine Kits FREE SHIPPING - Jet Stealth 80cc Gas Bicycle Engine Kit | 1-Bicycle Engine Kits | RuiHong Enterprises Ltd.

anyone care to try swaying me to a different kit? or, go for it?
(I plan to do lots of tinkering no matter what I end up with..)
They are more expensive but look at a Chris Hill CH80 if your gonna stay in the 80cc range....Well worth the extra cost in the end...He rebuilds them with better quaity guts....They arnt as expensive as they look if the US dollar is doing better the CAD dollar...I bought one and am VERY happy with it..here his site good luck and have fun....

Home of the CH bicycle engine, CH80 Bicycle Engine Kits by Chris Hill, Motorized Bicycles, Bike Engine, Bike Motor, Bicycle Motor kit

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
thanks *for the suggestion(they do look like much better quality) but, I'm looking for "cheap-o but hopefully not too terrible"... I was about:
|.|
that close from going with electric instead.. decided after much debate to go with gas first... because I R broke.

+ I want to get out there and explore without worrying about 12-20mile battery range... (and that would be running conservative.. I seem to have a need for speed..xct2)

Last edited:

redpiper777

Dec 16, 2008
Michigan
thanks to the suggestion(they do look like much better quality) but, I'm looking for "cheap-o but hopefully not too terrible"... I was about:
|.|
that close from going with electric instead.. decided after much debate to go with gas first... because I R broke.

+ I want to get out there and explore without worrying about 12-20mile battery range... (and that would be running conservative.. I seem to have a need for speed..xct2)
Hi back...I understand going cheap...I went way overboard on my bike....I was told by several people at another forum and even read some of the posts myself ( AND I DONT KNOW THIS FOR A FACT SO DONT SUE ME) but anything on ebay with seller as boygofast I hear can be a very unwise descision....Like I said I dont know this as a fact but thats what I hear and read...A LOT !

rimotorbiker

Jun 1, 2009
Rhode Island
i just ordered mine yesterday from bike berry .com 80cc with shipping was 148.00 and it ships in 1-3 days other sites was like 3-5 days and bike berry said if it was on the page they got at least 25 in stock so no back orders.

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
yeah.. I did go with the Zoom bicycles kit.. ordered it on the 30th.. it just now started shipping...
est time to delivery.. June 12th... not so "Zoomy" imo...

hopefully the motor is a little faster

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Get x-tra Hardware like bolts, nuts, washers, locknuts, if you want mounting studs go into like your ace hardware or something with a few of the things and get a bunch. The mounting studs are for incase your front mounts don't have enouph room to thread the bolts.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
i just ordered mine yesterday from bike berry .com 80cc with shipping was 148.00 and it ships in 1-3 days other sites was like 3-5 days and bike berry said if it was on the page they got at least 25 in stock so no back orders.
I bought my kit from bike berry too the first thing you do is make sure the inner clutch spring is tighened all the way let me find the link one sec. here we go http://motorbicycling.com/f39/adjusting-clutchs-spring-more-tension-8392.html

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Noob I bought the Zoom kit slant head. I'm very happy with it. I used a Sick Bike bolt/stud upgrade kit, tank petcock. I eventually got a new plug, teflon clutch cable, duel pull brake lever, also from SBP. While I had the motor studs out I used a wide flat file to dress the gasket mating surfaces on the intake and exhaust. A half hour getting them really flat esp. the intake and intake tube will save you some grief. Get some blue lok-tite to use on everything. Good luck