new fellow here with a couple of Questions

GoldenMotor.com

GutterBall

Jan 2, 2013
Hobart Tasmania
hi,names bill, im in far southern tasmania, im interested in building a board tracker/pre war hybrid as i see on here, id like to know where i can get the essential frame and tank from?Thanks guys

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Don't know what shipping is from USA to Tasmania is? but if it's all good then contact Dan at taylarmotorbikes.com PH#(661)341-0192 he's got one ready to be built to meet the next customers desires.
If the shipping is all wack over ther like some countries it may not be worth it.

Last edited:

JohnThomas Sorrels

Dec 28, 2011
Ramona/ San Diego
Like truck'd said Taylar motorbikes are very nice, so are the ones made by sportsman flyer and others if you search around on this site. However, shipping from the U.S. along with import taxes will probably cost more than the frame itself so you might look into either building it yourself or finding someone local to build the frame for you. Depending on what kind of motor you are wanting to use you might be able to get away with using a modified bicycle frame.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey Gutterball ! Welcome. Dont know if this will help specifically for getting a frame but might help with other things http://www.myus.com/en/ship-to-australia/ And yes Sportscarpat, Taylar, Bigboy cycles, There are quite a few on here and a bit of snooping will give you an idea of who best builds the style your after. Their is also a member ,aparently just back from an illness of some sort, who builds and sometimes sells nice things. cinelliphyle: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=38615

halfpint

May 8, 2011
Western Australia
Hi there Guterball I live on the other side of Oz to you in Narrogin Western Australia and I have built my own bike from a old mountain bike I found down the tip I used a pipe bender to shape the pipe I used to replase the straight parts of the frame I cut the down tube out first then welded in the new part then did the top tube this keeps the head in place I got a set of springer forks from Go easy on line and a motor for $200 off eBay. It is a great bike to ride and I won people choice at Williams Expo over here. If you want some photos send me an email to [email protected] have a go what have you got to lose all the best Keith.wee.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Just a tip for anyone in Australia buying a fully assembled motorized bike from outside Australia....it will have to comply with ADR's....if it doesn't it wont get through customs and you could also have it confiscated.....If you want a bike from overseas have it sent in parts separately and in lots under $1000.00 you wont pay GST or duty and dont tell customs its a motor bike...I can remember when I first started lurking here about a year ago... there was somebody from Western Australia had brought a Sportsman kit and said it was a motorized bike ..he lost it and cost him about $2500.00 with shipping....look in archives about FEB to April......DD

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That was whitey with the sportsman. They impounded it and it ended up getti g shipped back to the us i think. I agree i would have the seller say it is a bicycle.