Super Bowl Ride

GoldenMotor.com

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
is it possible to run these motors with the carb and exhaust in reverse?

can you elaborate a little on how that works? did you come up with that?

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
I would presume reverse mounting enables better air flow as air is blown in as your ride as much as it is sucked in, compared to having it the normal way around and having to suck for its living.

By the way, what sort of brakes were you using? I'm using the regular V brakes that came with my mountain bike and if I was to ever brake like you did the first time you stopped, my brakes are worn and loose; I would have to make them tighter again (they burn up quick).
I'm trying to avoid disc brakes to save money... But if it is my only option, I will start saving.

And what sort of speedometer do you have? I have a wireless one but I don't know how to set it up.
I've tried the setting for my wheel size, and half my wheel size, but when I ride, it always says I'm riding at 99km/h. I can't get it to measure my speeds correctly.
Vibrations causing the problem? Interference of wires? Any help much appreciated. :)

And that was a great ride you did. :) Think I'll go buy an action cam for my helmet too so I can record my rides. :)

MountainMage

Jan 19, 2011
internets
looks like fun! I'm still working on my bike after a week of stumbling blocks. I get some parts/tools today so hopefully I'm riding soon. I enjoyed the vid thanks for sharing

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Nice vid Dave....thanks for sharing. How do you like the new bike? Are the tires working ok?
So far so good, have not had any problems with the airless tires unlike all the others. Got about 30-50 miles on them and they are hanging in there. Never made that many miles with the others before I gave up on them.

Need to get more miles and abuse on them before I give my stamp of approval for MB's.

Yes you can swap the jug over and run it backwards, I believe Norman was the first to do this. I think during summer it may be a problem with the jug and head not dissipating the heat as well if it was in front.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I would presume reverse mounting enables better air flow as air is blown in as your ride as much as it is sucked in, compared to having it the normal way around and having to suck for its living.

By the way, what sort of brakes were you using? I'm using the regular V brakes that came with my mountain bike and if I was to ever brake like you did the first time you stopped, my brakes are worn and loose; I would have to make them tighter again (they burn up quick).
I'm trying to avoid disc brakes to save money... But if it is my only option, I will start saving.

And what sort of speedometer do you have? I have a wireless one but I don't know how to set it up.
I've tried the setting for my wheel size, and half my wheel size, but when I ride, it always says I'm riding at 99km/h. I can't get it to measure my speeds correctly.
Vibrations causing the problem? Interference of wires? Any help much appreciated. :)

And that was a great ride you did. :) Think I'll go buy an action cam for my helmet too so I can record my rides. :)
It does nothing for performance its more for looks then anything.

This bike only has coaster brake.

The speedo on this bike is a cat eye wireless. Works great, sounds like you are having interference.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Well put together video there Dave excellent job, like the music too. Aside from you guys riding on the 'wrong' (right) side of the road hehe the scenery looks alot like the northern suburbs here in Western Australia!

Bitsnpieces- I had a high quality wireless speedo on one of my bikes, i couldn't get it to work properly no matter what i did. If you have everything set right it should work, my guess would be its faulty. Have you get the lil unit on the forks very very close to the magnet on the spoke, i know my wired Cat EyE speedo requires extremely minimal clearance for it to read correctly, i'm talkin
2-3 millimeters here (sorry my imperial is non existant at this level measurement haha...

Best of luck with it anywayz mate hope you figure it out...

Dave31 meant to ask, how have you attached and what camera have you attached to your erm..head? helmet? it worked brilliantly i hope you willa lso use it at the Death Race, wanna see my pal ThudSTeR from one the track video as well as from the sidelines :) OH and have you reconsidered about using the morini? I hope you ride with it be ashame to not too IMHO...

KiM