too much gas?

GoldenMotor.com

aarcher30

Sep 18, 2014
masontown, pa
my bike has about 30 miles on it, its runs fine but when I go up long hills when I get to the top it takes off and revs super high if I pull in the clutch? any ideas?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
On the contrary; sounds like too much air: you're lean. Probably an air-leak exacerbated by heat. What color is your plug?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not enough info

you could be too rich at other times with idle screw turned in almost all the way to get it to idle, then emptying the bowl uphill makes you run leaner for a while - this you would fix by dropping the needle down a notch, then readjusting idle screw

you could have slow fuel flow and going lean because the bowl gets emptied

you could have a float sticking closed at uphill angles

air leak would happen at times other than just uphill runs, so I doubt that is it

aarcher30

Sep 18, 2014
masontown, pa
idle screw is out about 4 turns, I have a good idle AND REV, I looked at it and dee d de, the cap came off of the throttle on the motor , screwed that on-- perfect, now I got another question, everything on my engine is stock, what after market parts should I get like spark plug and air filter?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
idle screw is out about 4 turns, I have a good idle AND REV, I looked at it and dee d de, the cap came off of the throttle on the motor , screwed that on-- perfect, now I got another question, everything on my engine is stock, what after market parts should I get like spark plug and air filter?
One of the best upgrades from a stock kit you can get is an expansion chamber exhaust pipe. You will notice the difference. Also, if you only have 30 miles on your engine it's not broken in yet.

Last edited: