new here from nj

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

May 14, 2008
Hello,
Really glad to find this site! Was wandering if anyone has had chain troubles? I guess I dont really have problems but now that my motor is good and broken in my chain is sttreched and looks very unreliable! this is the third bike I had tyhe engine on and I had yo add a piece of chain couldnt find a place that had the right size master link so I got a size bigger its rigged like SHT but **** its really ridding smother then it ever has, I have rode like 13 miles each way without a prob but now it looks as though my chain is gonna break, I wish I could shorten up the drive stuff somehow?
Hope to hear some good ideas on hear and thanks whoever started this
Tom
Cape May, NJ

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: New here.

hi tom and welcome to the forum. for around 14 bucks you can buy a number #41 chain at tractor supply that is good for at least 2 chains possibly 3. i think they are made alot better then the 415. we have a few of us that have been using them and real happy with the results. any farm supply store probably has one since it is a popular size. hope that helps and glad to have you with us. police i do not worry about. just have respect for all others and i do not think you will have any problems
:ride2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Re: New here.

Hey Tom, welcome to the forum. Theres a couple of threads going now about chains. I think you use #41 or #42 chain from somewhere like Tractor Supply...........

[email protected]

May 14, 2008
WOW, thanks guys for all the quick help!
I did just that but it came in two pieces , figured no biggie I made chains for my bikes when little with 20 master links but this!!!! I even bought one on the link seperators broke the first then bought and broke a 2nd! I fell I got all right put on the chain with the idler all the way don put on the chain put the idler allthe way back up and BAM way too loose, take one more link out and I cant even get it on without the idler what the **** am I doing wrong? Please if I ever needed\d help its now before I riddle this whole this with my shotgun!!
I mean dam, I rebuilt dirtbikes put car motors in even when I got this kit I though I was Mr. Mechanic but this chain is Kick'n my Ass! I with there were a way to pul the whole weel back like on a motor cycle to tighten chain casuse looking at it now, how did I do it in the first place? I did it! Ran really great for 4 months now something as simple as this has me ready to through in the towel HELP . HELP ,,Please,
Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
try without the idler arm, that is the ultimate. the idleing arm only serves to take out slack if you need it