What are the Connectors on CDI called? Source?

GoldenMotor.com

willie634

Jun 11, 2015
canada
Hey everyone,

Been looking way to long to see if i can even find these connectors or what they are called...

There are two of them on cdi with the double female input. Then the male ends are on magneto.

Thanks in advance

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Many of us call them 'junk'. Those push-on bullet connectors are notorious for making bad/poor electrical connections. Many of us cut them off, throw them in the trash and solder the connections/splices then protect them with heat shrink tubing.

I've seen them come from the factory with the crimp on the insulation of the wire instead of the conductor.

While you're at it also get ride of that plastic spark plug boot that came with your kit. They are by far the worst part of every Chinese 2 stroke bicycle engine kit. Replace it with a good automotive quality spark plug boot or you'll eventually know why I say that.

Tom

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Bullet connectors, as Tom said. I don't like them either, but they've worked well on my bikes so far. I prefer a good solder joint with heat shrink, but a sealed butt splice connection will do fine. Whatever you choose, if you plan on ever riding it somewhere that you NEED to be, make sure the connections are weather tight.

willie634

Jun 11, 2015
canada
Ahh yes bullet connectors.

I understand they are not the best design, but i solder on the wire as well as reinforce the female bullet with extra solder on the outside. Have been rising my bike all winter, in the rain and its all good :)
Without reinforment they are flimsey and not a very good connection. i agree either way the blue type make a better connection.

When i use the crimp on blue end bullets I always cut off the blue part, solder wire and use heat shrink.