First build in progress, going for a BTR inspired look

GoldenMotor.com

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
Hey everyone this is my first motorized bicycle. It's a 7G 4 stroke kit that I was luckily able to fit into this tiny panther frame I had. I don't have any before pictures of the frame, but it was in pretty rough shape. There's still a lot that needs to get done. Like the forks, the wheels and saddle. I'm currently debating 24 vs 26 inch rims, but I'll definitely be using a front drum brake, in time I'd like to get a nicer fuel tank as well because the peanut tank just doesn't have that BTR look that I'm going for. Anyways I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice they've given me. I added some pictures of what I have so far.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
How about Huskey wheel they come with front break hub and heavy spokes.Love them old panther frames ...............Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Mine is a 1950 frame and I like it a lot. My friend Tinsmith helped me make an in frame tank for it. Sportscar Pat makes tanks for it and the Worksman frame. Not cheap, but top notch!
SB

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
Mine is a 1950 frame and I like it a lot. My friend Tinsmith helped me make an in frame tank for it. Sportscar Pat makes tanks for it and the Worksman frame. Not cheap, but top notch!
SB
Yea that's the one I've been eyeing, its pretty pricey, I might try to make my own. I saw your 4 stroke build and I was wondering if you were still using the tomato can for your fan shroud? I'm very tempted to take mine off but I'm worried about the heat, I was thinking the metal shroud would look good while keeping the engine cool during long idles.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I no longer have that engine, having moved up to a 99CC Predator with the same transmission. Adding a sidecar meant I needed a good bit more power. I did use the 49CC engine for a couple of years with no overheating. My friend Tinsmith uses that engine with his own version of a tin shroud and has had no problems. I know several members who removed the factory shroud and have not heard of anyone having problems with overheating.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
SB is right there is no problem over heating with the covers gone. Some have even checked it with temp gage and seem to be good after long idle. ............Curt

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
It's been a while since I updated this, school has been killing me. Anyways, got the seatpost, the handlebars and the forks, forgot to put them in for the photo though. I ordered some Cyclops CST's, and damn these things are huge, I was pretty tempted to switch to 24's when I saw the felt quick bricks. I should have the entire thing together in the next two weeks hopefully! Just need to put on the brakes,pedals, seat...oh and the engine.