The Resurrection

GoldenMotor.com

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Working out the mount for the Morini.

Mounts are made from parts of Schwinn the World girls bicycle I hacked up for the drop tube and seat mount. The last picture shows the top mount being fit on the frame.

Attachments

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
After the top motor mount was formed to the frame while braced, the rear axle mounts from Schwinn the World were cut off and welded in to form the lower mounts for the motor. Only one is shown here, but there will be 4 on the bottom, and of course the hanging one from above welded to the frame.

Attachments

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Did not get all done yet, but fabricated, and welded top and middle mounts. I had some trouble getting those parts formed to the frame correctly, and had to heat and quench them to harden them to be sufficient for mount cross sectional strength.

Attachments

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Got tired of motor mounts, will get back to them.....decided to look up parts for my intake, and none of them would fit. So I pulled out the Sledge catalog, and there it was.....fits perfectly. Seriously, this is a mod that can be done with a knock-off 19mm Mikuni and some wheelchair frame parts, and a little welding and specific cuts. There are many pics, so post will continue - .shft.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Feeling the need to speak out on this build…. Footnote: My only investment is observing Sledge fabricate his ideas his art form.

My point: The gnarliest welds some could think ever posted are infact by design. Myself I understand why.

The finished look will be most awesome!

Somehow I feel I am spoiling what’s to come.... but man this build is just to much for me to keep shut about... I see it every day!

OMG he is going to see if it will fire up today..... no worries I will post a video of the Resurrection starting or not starting. As the ending result will dictate his next decions and happens next.

Having fun yet? I am!

happens next.

Having fun yet? I am!

Last edited:

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
So it was a good day at the Rats lab. Accomplished alot today between the Res, and the Orange Peel. Built out china girl banana expansion chamber exhaust from Walmart Schwinn beach cruiser that Labrat had built as our first build. manufactured the port cap, cut off the expansion chamber at the right angle, welded, and put together the final pieces to start her up!

Attachments

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Finally got around to finishing motor mounts on bottom. I have some research to do on finding proper fork mounts. Picked up some 21" Motorcycle rims for cheap in Olympia ($40 for set). Mounts were fabricated out of parts of Schwinn the World girls bike, leaving almost nothing left of the $25 frame I purchased. I also started fiddling with exhaust ideas although I still want to do a dual stinger out the top under the seat!

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Sledge AKA Paul Caffarel was my best friend; We did everything together. His hobbies were mine and mine were his. Power boating, camping, dredging gold and yes building motorized bicycles. He was killed Aug. 3 2014.

A 48-year-old University Place man was killed late Sunday after the truck he was riding in rolled over on state Route 7, according to the Washington State Patrol.

The accident happened about 10:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes near Pilgrim Road, about a mile north of Alder.

Troopers said the 1990 pickup truck was traveling north when the driver, a 25-year-old man from Fort Riley, Kansas, lost control. The truck left the road, hit and guardrail and rolled before landing in the northbound lanes.

The driver was injured and taken to Good Samaritan Hospital. The passenger, who was identified as Paul Caffarel, was not wearing a seat belt and was killed in the crash.

Drugs or alcohol are believed to be the cause of the crash. The driver was arrested on suspicion of vehicular homicide.

SR 7 was closed for about four hours while the WSP investigated the incident.

Pierce County prosecutors have charged a man with vehicular homicide in connection with a rollover crash that killed a University Place man Sunday night.

Matthew Hester, 25, pleaded not guilty Tuesday and was ordered held on $75,000 bail.

His trial is set for Sept. 24th. 2014. He killed my friend. I will be there to see him sent away.

www.legacy.com/obituaries/tribnet/obituary.aspx?pid=172013056

Photo is his build not completed but being shown the day after services were held.

Attachments