Gas Line leaking

GoldenMotor.com

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Hi there! Ive had my bike together awhile... and the gas line goes from my tank valve to the engine, The problem is it is a loose fit on to the nozzles and gas will leak out. To solve this I wrapped a zip tie on each end of the hose that connects to the nozzle. This stopped the leak (kinda) it still has a drop here and there. How is properly suppose to be sealed? Nothing came with the kit but some kind of tape was mentioned. >.<

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
that tape is for the threads on the petcock. i'd say get a thinner fuel hose. alll of mine fit very snug and securely w/o any ties or clamps.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i take it you're using that clear piece of crap line that comes with the kits?

just go to any auto parts store and buy some real fuel line. it's like a buck a foot, and you can buy some little hose clamps while you're there, too.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i take it you're using that clear piece of crap line that comes with the kits?

just go to any auto parts store and buy some real fuel line. it's like a buck a foot, and you can buy some little hose clamps while you're there, too.
i have the same problem as him and mines goodyear fuel line, not the clear stuff.

i used zip ties as well and it leaves a little of an oily residue but nothing major.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
my leak is not out of the line its is out of the primer on the carb i thought it was out of the line till 1day i was wearing shorts and looked down and seen fuel coming out of it

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i'm not sure what you mean. are you talking about a screw on the lower left side of the carb that leaks a little?

if so i have the same problem but it wasn't a big deal to me.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Match your fuel line to the right size squeeze clamps. worm gear clamps at this small of a scale never cut it in my experience. A squeeze in the right size for what hose your using will work awesome!

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Yeah, I don't have the clear hose. It came with the nice thick black one. Kinda sucks it didn't come with clamps though!!! I could probably pick up squeeze clamps at a Napa right? Thanks guys!