Velocity Stacks that fit our stock carbs?

GoldenMotor.com

xtk

Jul 14, 2009
California
Long story short, I lost my K&N air filter (RC-2550) because I was not able to properly bolt down the air filter onto the carb.

Possible solution: I was thinking I could use a velocity stack designed for gopeds that would give me more clamping room in order to properly mount it.

My problem is finding a velocity stack that would fit my carb. Has anybody had any luck finding a velocity stack that would fit the stock carb?

I was thinking along more the line of this one, but I'm sketchy on the measurements between the two bolt holes

Goped Air filter adapter Velocity stack RC Hobby zenoah - eBay (item 350225127694 end time Aug-10-09 17:02:31 PDT)

Anybody got any tips or advice on what I should choose?.... Heck even point me in the right direction for a store that has them.

Thanks

xtk

Jul 14, 2009
California
If any1 was interested in getting a V. Stack here is where I got mine... It needed a little bit of modding on the Carb and V. Stack but its nothing complicated

ww112

I would also order a UFO type air filter from there as well, fits perfectly if there isn't any clearance.

af22x

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If you do not list what engine you are using, and what the stock carb is for that engine, people will not be able to offer as much help.

Yes, people have used pocketbike engines on motorized bicycles. I've heard of them used on friction drive kits and in-frame mounting plates with chain drive, using reduction gearboxes.

Here is one with a center frame mount and gearbox.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=7577

Here is one currently sold by www.thatsdax.com for friction drives, rack-mount chain drives, and in-frame chain drives

http://www.thatsdax.com/sitebuilder/images/MVC-001L68-530x275.jpg

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
since the thread is about velocity stacks that fit OUR STOCK CARBS, I would think you could figure out what I mean when I ask if that carb was any better then the stock ones

like would it work on a motorized bike engine, is it any better then the stock carbs that come on a motorized bike engine??

why I ask, well almost every motorized bike store ive seen dont sell velocity stacks that accept those larger filters, and all I see on stand up scooter websites are velocity stack adapters for those carbs

why dont I see any for the bikes, is it because of space on a bike or is the velocity thing not a big deal

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
There are dozens of engines used on motor bicycles. If you mean "happytime" aka grubee engines, that come with the NT or NT Speed Carb, then that will narrow it down a lot.

Most bicycles with the happytime engine will not have much space for the carburetor and a larger filter or filter box. There are longer runners that fit the original equipment, widely available for about $10 to $15, that move the carb and filter to the side or turn it. www.bikeberry.com

Call Daves Discount Motors early in the day (weekday) and I bet you will find your answers readily, and be very pleased with the quality of parts and gaskets.
http://www.davesmotors.com/site/index.html

Also, www.ThatsDax.com has a wide array of parts and upgrades, and a lot of knowledge.

Last edited:

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
yes I know about offest intakes, have one
I know about the limited space ive battled that too
but never mind about the original question so many here play games to simple questions and want to drag it out over a dozen posts
its not worth the time