GT Autostream

GoldenMotor.com

bokuza

Nov 6, 2011
Arizona
Hi all!
Been surfin this forum for a while and thought I'd join in the fun. I have GT Autostream Hybrid and I'm want to hear the experiences of hybrid bikers! Specs

Considering a 49cc kit on this bike, is it a bad idea? The bike is good condition, new tires, tubes, grips, seat, peddles and breaks.

.crt.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Those are nice bikes and they are steel, made before GT gave up the ghost.
Personally, I'm not crazy about the HT kits particularly with the 700c wheels, but that would otherwise make a good candidate for a motor assisted bicycle.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think the autostream or similar model with manual shifting can be a good 49cc motorbike. If you hop up that motor, you will definitely need stronger spokes in those 700c wheels. Some good cyclocross wheels may be strong enough.

bokuza

Nov 6, 2011
Arizona
Ended up giving this bike in a trade to a buddy of mine, Mike. :) He's going to post some great photos of this amazingly fast babe as soon as his computer screen is repaired! It got away from his buddy Bob because it was so fast. Mike also bought a newer model of the GT in an impressive deep blue. I'll ask if he can post some of those too once the engine kit is done! Both are really nifty looking.

Im degraded to a camera phone for pictures but heres my cruiser...

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
This is what her auto stream looks like and I gotta say its one of the best bikes I've built. I liked it so much I found another to build (the blue one) and its currently for sale. Unfortunately the schwinn landmark meet its death but thank God bokuza is quick and bailed off the bike before the car hit it and didnt really get hurt! The frame broke in four different places! Just in front of the front motor clamp but not at the hole (which I didnt drill) it also broke at the seat post tube and the two smaller arched diameter tubes also cracked. Bokuza'a next bike is going to be an old school schwinn chromoly framed mountain bike- from when schwinn meant quality. I think I'll stay away from steel frames from now on. Chromoly is where its at.

Attachments