clutch stopped working

GoldenMotor.com

sudjim

Jun 8, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Good evening everyone,
I have a 66cc BGF motor with about 12 miles on it. It resides in a beach cruiser. This is about the 15th or so bike I have built. I was on my way back home from work tonight when the clutch started to slip, then die ( weee you wee you weeeeeee motor sound) as if I was squeezing the handle a little. With the clutch handle in or out the motor would idle. Stop, motor idles. I hoped that the flower nut came loose. I pulled over and took off the clutch plate on the right. Flower nut fine. Set screw still where it should be. I took it off and looked at the pucks. All good. The clutch handles seems to move the plate in and out, so I tightened the flower nut. Still the same. Tightened it as far as it would go. NADA. Took off the clutch actuator plate on the left side. Seems fine. I read the other clutch posts and will check woodruff keys.

This is a new one on me. Any other help would be appreciated. By the way, I appreciate all the help you all give to the hobby, sport, obsession related to these kits. I love this site and the dedicated people that keep us running. If you ever need help in Gainesville, FL, call on me.
Jim

sudjim

Jun 8, 2008
Gainesville, FL
It sure was the woodruff key on the small gear in the clutch side. I found it perfectly intact under the large gear. Hope it doesn't find it's way out again.
Thanks for the suggestion. Jim