Im Davis, need help identifying my schwinn's

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The red one could be a 52, but the other is much later, in my opinion. Look for the serial number on the red one either under the bottom bracket or on the dropout. Under the BB is older, on the dropout is later. What size are the rims, 2.125 or 1.175? With the serial number you can not only know the year, but even the day and month it was made. What does it say on the chainguard?
The red one is a much better choice for an in frame motor. Nice bike.
SB

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
The Sweep Chainguard on the red bike was first introduced in 1959. This bike appears to me to be a Middle Weight Bike with S-7 Rims, 1 & 3/4 S-7 Tires, and Middle Weight HandleBars. I'm going to guess its from the middle to late 60's and probably either a Tiger, Spitfire, or an American. The 27 inch wheel bike is probably from around the same time and is more than likely a Suburban. Upon closer inspection (faded decals on the seat tube) the 27 inch wheel bike could be from the early to mid 50's which would make it a Tourist I believe.

ocscully

Last edited:

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
The red one is a dead ringer for my '63 Typhoon. The model, such as "Typhoon", should say on the chain guard. I find the years in minutes by googleing Schwinn Bicycle.