Building a Velomobile!!!

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Rick, you mentioned that the velocar will have heat. How will you do that? Will there be a kind of dual exhaust with a divert-er valve so that one pipe is external to the cab and the other is internal? Diverting the exhaust from one to both to just the other would give some heat control. Is that what you're doing? Is there such a valve or would it require two valves? Trying to think how I would do it. In northern Minnesota heat is kind of important.
SB

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
SB,
Harbor freight has some nifty little electric 12v heaters. I'll use one down front by the foot controls and one in the dash for defrost. I switched all the lights over to LED, to free up some juice. My next one will use a water cooled scooter engine

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
sweet build when I first started reading this post today and seen your frame I was thinking you were going to use a steal frame with wood outside but I think what you are building might look way better then what I had in mind and the weight should help it against sideways wind.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
well, we worked on the alignment today and took her for another 10 miles or so.
What an improvement! Think Im going to call it the giggle mobile. Dang thing gives me the grins everytime I drive it.
made a bumper for the front now the velo looks like its grinning will post pix later.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
After a while I came to realize tha the 8 yo chinese kid doing the wiring harness was off his game that day. lousy soldering skills
factory wiring problems one after another so I decided to change things up a bit. Ripped out the entire harness.
Changed out the wimpy little silonoid for one made by the masters, motorcraft!
Exchanged their ignition switch for an 8$ universal from auto zone.
Now I have to redo the dash.
Their harness 22 wires thru the frames backbone mine 6.
Less there less to break. Once finished mine is much cleaner and easier to follow.
Oh, told ya'll the darn thing is grinning at me
Rick

Attachments