Cruiser: Electra vs. Felt Vs. ???

GoldenMotor.com

Only1asterisk

Oct 19, 2016
Texas
Plan is for a 160cc 4 Stroke. I want something off the shelf. I wish I had time to search out a vintage American bike, but this will have to do.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
They are both very good bikes. Much higher quality than any Huffy. Strong frames and a lot of space to work with. Micargi makes good bikes that get motorized a lot as well. Depends on the style you like, but there are tons of good options out there.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
They are both very good bikes. Much higher quality than any Huffy. Strong frames and a lot of space to work with. Micargi makes good bikes that get motorized a lot as well. Depends on the style you like, but there are tons of good options out there.
Yea, micargis are nice. I'm currently doing a 125cc build in one, plenty of room for the engine. Downside is that although the frames are great, the bikes are made with cheap components and assembled by posturing baboons.

Only1asterisk

Oct 19, 2016
Texas
Although it doesn't lend itself easily to the larger motors I need, I like the Electra. The frame is better made than most bikes in the price range and I will be replacing most everything else.