Woohoo! Planning a camping & riding trip this July

GoldenMotor.com

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
I am feeling much better dealing with my cancer, I think I can do this. I have to figure out where but somewhere where we can camp and go on rides during the day, mountains, maybe Colorado? Just the wife and I, never know could be last fun thing we get to do, stage 4 cancer is serious bidness.

Two bikes and lots of parts, both bikes with 49cc cags and two spare ready to go engines. Road riding & trail riding, just exploring and site seeing. It sounds exciting, two weeks or so of pure bliss.

Any recommendations of locations? Like to keep this somewhere within a 750 mile radius of Tulsa Oklahoma.

usflg

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If you'd like to try a 'prep-trip', there's a place in SE Oklahoma called Billy Creek. It's a campground that has trails and country roads to ride. It's located to the east of Talihina on Highway 63. Usually not a lot of people there during the week --- though I don't know it it's open year-round.

I've had my bike in northern New Mexico and Colorado. It may have just been my finicky carb, but I couldn't get it adjusted to run very well in altitudes above 7500 ft. I realize that it won't run like it does here in Oklahoma, but my experience was disappointing. (I've been in the mountains on carb equipped motorcycles, and the performance dropped. However, the MB suffered quite a bit more.)

Best of luck in all your adventures!!

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Thanks for an excellent point xseler, the carburetors. I will research that and make sure I have good carbs for that sort of thing, or jets. Thanks to for mentioning Billy Creek, sounds like just the place to try out.