No Spark

GoldenMotor.com

oneninesixnine

Oct 5, 2011
Hemet, CA 92544
Tried 3 different spark plugs. 2 different CDI's. 2 different Magneto Coils. Checked all wiring for continuity. Kill switch disengaged. Engine grounded to frame & not to frame. Black wire grounded to frame & not to frame. Still no spark. (Did work inconsistently before w/ a different wiring route. The new wiring method is supposed to be the "proper" way per motorbicycling.com.) HELP! I need to ride this thing 50 miles 1st thing in the morning...:-||

oneninesixnine

Oct 5, 2011
Hemet, CA 92544
Jet 66cc 2 stroke. Spent all day. Still no spark. Gave up. Put it back together. Then it started. !!!!! I wish I could say it's fixed, but I never found the problem. I know I'm asking a lot of a China-Girl, but I need it to be more reliable. It's my car. Have 50 mile trip tomorrow...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup.

Sry...

Ur gonna need to go through it one step at a time.

You did not mention ur spark plug wire in the long list. ???

just leave that kill switch disconnected and capped off until it runs well.

After checking for basic magnetism in your rotor, and tdc alignment at 1 o'clock position, you could review the mag coil tests at grubee.

Pretty unlikely 2 cdi's are bad, but it's possible...

a plug is probably the least of ur worries.

Ur gonna need to check for spark every single time you make a simple change!!!

Good luck
rc

Look, chinagirls are finicky, but they ain't nuthing like the Prince of Darkness!
and yes, that's personal experience.
Whew!

oneninesixnine

Oct 5, 2011
Hemet, CA 92544
One more thing that might be a clue. After spending yesterday trying everything I knew, I gave up & put everything back together. It started twice then went right back to the same problem of no start (probably no spark again). Unbelievable. Maybe the bike is haunted...

oneninesixnine

Oct 5, 2011
Hemet, CA 92544
Remove sparkplug from head. Wrap thick metal wire around threads of sparkplug. Take other end of thick metal wire and ground it to the head. With clutch disengaged, roll bike forward. This spark test has worked for me in the past...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As long as you know you have a good electrical connection, your method will work but why not eliminate the "thick wire" and just hold the plug against the cooling fins of the cylinder head while you spin the crankshaft? There's less chance of loosing the conduction and will confirm if you are getting ignition.
Tom

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
try.. black to black blue to blue.. and white to engine or frame"ground it"...it worked for me...dunno.. maybe im weird...

oneninesixnine

Oct 5, 2011
Hemet, CA 92544
It was the magneto coil all along. It didn't ohm out. Straight out of the box, new. Tested and installed prior, used magneto coil and it's now getting a spark and running. Thankyou all. - 1969