Felt 1903 Build

GoldenMotor.com

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I was able to get a little test ride in today. Everything went well. It is a blast to ride. Once it is broken in it will be even better.

Now I need to figure out what I want to build next. A Sportsman is looking tempting.....

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
hey Your work looks real good the bike looks great i think that frame is just perfect for that type of build,,,,you gonna look like a highwaystar on that bike!!!!!! good job!

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I am about 1/2 way through the break in.Everything so far has been working great. I am still using the stock chain tensioner, which scares the you know what out of me. But I should have the replacement soon.dnut

Nitbbe

Feb 17, 2012
Bangor, PA
Very nice build highwaystar. I welded my tensioner to the frame but what scares me now is the rear sprocket. Has a slight side to side wobble I cant work out. I bet you get some curios glances while riding that puppy. Do you plan on adding tail lights or a blinkers or even a longer exhaust?

Good luck with the break in,
Kevin

Last edited:

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
It has a Baby Bee light under the seat. I also use a quick release tail light for night riding. I am not sure what route I will go with the exhaust. I am happy with this bike for the most part. It was a fun first build. As for the tensioner, I have an awesome piece made by KW Machine Works. He is still finishing up the final touches on it. I just got too anxious and put the stock tensioner on so I could get some wind in my face!

There has been a lot of local interest in the bike. I want to get a few more personal builds under my belt. Then maybe start selling/building some bikes locally.

I have some other bikes in the wings waiting their turn. I have a Nirve Cannibal on the way, a Firmstrong Urban stretch and I have an O.G. Black Cherry Dyno Roadster. The wife has pretty much claimed the Dyno though. What can I say, she has good taste in bikes!brnot

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
More good stuff for my toy!

I need to get a headset and stem. I didn't notice they were threadless when I ordered.

I have also gotten my tensioner from KW mounted up and working beautifully.

Last edited:

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Here Are some pics of some of the changes so far. It will be getting the new forks soon.

If you look closely you can see the KW chain tensioner. Very nice stuff!

More to come.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I put a new petcock and plug from SBP, now that is broken in all the way I can put a good tune on it.

The local second hand bike shop is trying to help me out with the stem and headset. We found a nice Schwinn stem, and he is pretty sure he has a headset.

For a first build I am pleased with the end results. I will post some pics when I get the new forks mounted up.