FS: Locking Gas Caps!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Bradford

Feb 4, 2012
Laguna Beach, CA
For europorsche914: I am doing thorough consumer market research on motorized bicycles before I purchase one; I want to educate myself about who makes the best 4-stroke engines, the best rear drive sprocket / wheel hub, rim and spoke design, the best braking system (for beach cruiser type gas powered bicycles), and who makes the best, most versatile bicycle cargo trailers people can legally pull while attached to the back of their bicycle whether powered by gas, electric, or human pedal power. Just now (Mon., 02-11-12) I conducted an internet search on gas powered bicycle locking gas caps; I want a locking gas cap for the motorized bicycle I end up buying. Do all gas powered bicycle manufacturers use a universal stock gas cap for the gas tank, or are there different sizes according to the individual gas tank manufacturer? In case you or anyone else who reads this is curious, the name of the company that makes the most versatile bicycle cargo trailer that can be hitched to a beach cruiser type or similar type motorized bicycle frame and legally pulled in the bike lane or shoulder of the road, is Bikes At Work Inc. (www.bikesatwork.com). Bikes At Work Inc. makes all aluminum two wheel trailers that can carry as much as 300 pounds or more. The tailers are assembled in segments so the buyer can make their trailer longer or shorter. Motorbicycling.com members may also be interested in knowing that an owner / mechanic of Easy Cruiser motorized bicycles in Dana Point, CA, told me that the State of California is or, has already outlawed the sale of gas powered bicycles with 2-stroke engines. In fact, it may be currently illegal to ride a gas powered bicycle with a 2-stroke engine in Orange County, CA. Easy Cruiser motorized bicycle shop showed me a two-piece machined clamp that sells as a modification item for the rear drive sprocket. The two-piece part allows the rear drive sprocket to only put torc strain on the rear hub instead of on the spokes of the rear wheel rim. I think Easy Cruiser sells the 2-piece part for about $60.00, but I think you have to use it on a wheel hub that does not have an existing drive sprocket attachment connected to the spokes of the rear wheel / hub. Easy Cruiser also sells and installs a brake system that uses just one hand lever to simultaneously apply brakes to both the front and rear brakes. Beach cruiser gas powered bicycles usually sell having just front brakes controlled with a hand lever on the handlebars. They also sell wheels with heavy-duty rims and thicker gauge spokes.

Bradford

Feb 4, 2012
Laguna Beach, CA
My motorbicycling member username is: Bradford. Do all manufacturers of gas tanks for gas powered bicycles use a standard size (universal) gas cap or, does the size of the gas cap differ according to different manufacturers? About how many different manufacturers and sizes of gas caps for gas powered bicycles are there? Do you know of the names of the different gas tank brands for gas powered bicycles? Where did you buy your locking gas caps?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
thats awesome, but will it fit on a stock happytime tank?
I have this exact type of lock. It fits on my 2-liter and my 4-liter HT tank.

HOWEVER, the slots on the tank's neck have to filed slightly in order for the cap to fit.

The keyhole acts as a tank's vent, which is good.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Euro!!! where can I pick these up at man. This is something we all need for the stupid penut tanks.

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
theft of a half gallon of gas isnt the worry for most people its tampering just need one guy with a soda to ruin your day heading home . its just good insurance against vanalisim plus if they realy want it they just have to unplug the fuel ine .

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
theft of a half gallon of gas isnt the worry for most people its tampering just need one guy with a soda to ruin your day heading home . its just good insurance against vanalisim plus if they realy want it they just have to unplug the fuel ine .
EXACTLY!

I'd be a little upset if someone cut my fuel line and stole my gas.

I'd be EXTREMELY peeved if someone dropped ANYTHING in my tank.:-||

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
Though this started out as a post made quite awhile ago. And I see others still commenting about the point of a locking gas cap. I'd have to agree with another who is looking for one. ( up in Intake and Exhaust about it.) It isn't a problem of what someone would take out of your tank, but what someone would put in it. Like the point of a few paper packets of sugar! Would be a costly point of ignorance perpatrated on you. I live in a small tri-city area of about 60,000. We got nut cases here that would do that kind of thing. Hence why I'll be using one on my build...

Exactly Hawaii_87, that way you can Hang Loose in Hawaii.. LoL. Yea, I bought the T-Shirt. Think of it ever time I see your ID..
.shft.

Last edited: