Hello From Ohio

GoldenMotor.com

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
I am new to this Motorized Bicycle thing. This will be my first build; I will be using a Roadmaster Mt Fury Mountain bike. I have chosen a 66/80 two stroke that I will be ordering this weekend from Jakes Customs in Calif. I have been following a group on Face book called Piston Bikes. I have done quite a bit of research on various motor vendors and feel he will do me right. I am looking forward to building this with the help of all your accumulated knowledge here on this forum. I'm sure I will have a million questions and get confused. As soon as I can figure out how to use the Google search on the page I'm sure things will be easier for me. The knowledge is enormous here and thank you in advance

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
I'm up in Ashtabula county. I am pretty familiar with Cuyahoga Falls.
I never figured there was anyone in this cold state that did the motor bicycle stuff. Are there many in Ohio. Im about to undertake something Ive never done. Build one of these bikes.. I have questions and many

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
Well today I came home from work and there was a big brown box on the porch. I got my motor today. I am looking forward to installing this on my bike. I have about a days work on the bike first. I want to grease all the wheel bearings and bottom bracket first. Then the fun can begin. Looking at the front mount I hope it will fit the tube on my mountain bike. I read somewhere to use high temp grease when I repack the bearings, makes sense to me. This doesn’t look to complex of a job just setting the carb to get it to start is what I'm not sure of…. I’ll post as I progress pics too