time for intake/exhaust upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
I am looking to spend between 250-300 dollars on upgrading my intake/exhaust/head.

I have a basic run-of-the-mill 66cc engine currently w/ a slant head. i have only upgraded the ignition to a better CDI with a 3 "pronged" spark plug as well as a 39t sprocket.

I have read great things about the SBP xchamber exhaust. My only gripe is the $48 shipping charge, if they sold carbs, heads and other goodies it would be fine. However im yet to find one that compares to it. this would be the closest

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/33075836...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3141wt_1139

looks identicle to this one
http://www.bikeberry.com/engine-kit...eed-demon-muffler-with-expansion-chamber.html

I may have to spoil myself and buy the SBP one.

The verdict is still out on which carb to get. im leaning towards this dellorto type one. which i can get for $40 w/ free shipping. I can get a head from this same place for $25, they say its re surfaced and has different compression ratios to the standard top fire head. Im not convinced its going to be overly different to the stock one.

as usual, thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated. In the mean time i will keep searching this fine forum

Attachments

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Pirate cycles Has the 3 things you are looking for. Also there is a guy on here name ( crmachineman ). He got a really nice intake, and head. Which both of them were on sale. Really nice parts.

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
Yes they certainly do.
However i require shipping to Australia (should have made that clearer) and they dont offer international shipping.

I have been following his threads on his new Head design and the new plenum he just released. I would be interested in testing it seeing as though reeds dont seem to do much for these engines.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Yes they certainly do.
However i require shipping to Australia (should have made that clearer) and they dont offer international shipping.

I have been following his threads on his new Head design and the new plenum he just released. I would be interested in testing it seeing as though reeds dont seem to do much for these engines.
You got Rock Solid Engines in Australia, which have lots of great Parts.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
I have the RSE head & recomend it. If u send Tony a msg thru the link on their web page 4 the head 2 let him know u want 1 it'll help. He altered a G code 4 the CNC machining of a custom manifold 4 reed cage 4 me on weekend. They r pretty busy with being a machine shop but they also look after their customers. They also have dellorto carbs & billet manifolds (& walbro). They do have a "race tuned" xpansion chamber, but I cant comment on it, I have the plated SBP pipe & recomend it 4 both price & tuneability. Cheers

Last edited: