New and need exaughst advice

GoldenMotor.com

iRide

May 15, 2012
Illinois
Ok so I built a friction drive bike with maybe a 20 or 21cc engine it works fine and the whole build was completely free which I was pretty proud of lol anyway I have been trying to get more power and experimenting with different home made systems right now I have about 3 inches of pipe coming off the stock muffler and I hooked a emptied spray paint can to it and just a few minutes ago added a smaller diameter tip to try to create back pressure I don't know weather to call it an expansion chamber or redneck muffler haha but can't go up hills without doing most of the work with this little and old engine I can't spend reall any money as I am broke and Savin for vacation also I'd like to keep the challenge of completely free going but any advice would be greatly appreciated cvlt1

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Ok, u need 2 read up on x chamber design, there's good info on this forum but u'll need 2 make 2 cones, a divergent 1 to generte a negative pressure wave timed 2 reach motor while exhaust & transfers r open & a convergent 1 to generate a positive pressure wave timed to reach motor while only exhaust is open, at a given rpm. Length of all part of the whole exhaust system is important. Cheers

Last edited: