Curious to know what I could get for it...

GoldenMotor.com

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm thinking of selling my project. Here's what it is and a list of features.
Photos are available in the thread under Cruiser Bikes titled "Greenline Super Rat"

Greenline BC 706 M extended Frame men's 7 speed

66cc unknown brand 2 cycle air cooled single cylinder (standard HT) engine

Sick Bike Parts jackshaft kit & Expansion Chamber

Dax Dellorto clone performance carb

Horn, turn signals fore & aft, headlight, brakelight, taillight wired inside of crossbar

WonderfulCreations magneto genenerator & battery charger to 12v SLA

AKEP-2 Ukranian electrical anode rust protection

Aftermarket rear tire and cassette better suited to motorization

analog speedometer and digital hour meter/tachometer with micro LED accessory lights

1/2 gallon standard fuel tank

comfortable seat with backrest

here's a link to some recent photos, but don't include the most recent improvements (turn signals, Dax carb, new horn, accessory lights)
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=35534

have gotten it over 40mph but it cruises happily in the low 30s. The greatest single improvement is the Dax Carb as far as power/torque goes.

What could I reasonably request as a fair price for this? I'm not really crazy about selling it, but I want a new project, thinking 4 stroke or maybe a whizzer. I was a newbie when I started this months ago, had never worked on small engines or bicycles. It was a great learning experience, but a costly one. I could have had a crappy but drivable car for what I've spent on this thing, including many ideas that I had to abandon. Not to mention the number of hours spent working on it. Do people really pay more than $3000 for these things completed? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of inexpensive transportation? I throw out that number because I guess it's in the neighborhood of what I have in mind, should someone be interested in buying. A stranger once offered me $50, as I'm sure he wasn't totally clear as to what this thing is capable of, and I as nicely as I could said he could fornicate himself, then appologized and explained what it was. Then demonstrated it's speed and he said he was afraid of it! Anyway, I just took the best advice I could find on this forum and made what I thought would be ideal but still practical. I'd love to do one of those mini fuel injectors and turbos, and would really love to do an internal hub CVT, but that kind of outlay of money all at once just doesn't make sense to me.