Where to buy a complete wheel...

GoldenMotor.com

gomotomoto

Feb 27, 2012
usa
I'd like to pick up a worksman rear wheel, heavy duty with a drum brake.

Does anyone sell these (just rear wheel with drum) complete and ready to go?

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Pirate Cycles has some complete heavy duty wheels and may have some Worksman wheels left in stock that are not showing on their site, try calling them. I got a rear wheel with 11 Gauge spokes from them. They have always answered when I call.

Also, Sportcarpat sells Worksman wheels and they are shipped direct to your door from Worksman, scroll to the bottom of his page for details. I got my 11 Gauge Front drum wheel from Pat.

http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Oh yea sorry didn't see where you mentioned rear with drum.

I believe Sportcarpat has made up some heavy duty rear wheels with drum brakes but inquire about the availability and width as I think the rear hub he uses has a bit wider axle. Also, I believe he is integrating it so that the sprocket is made onto the rear hub with drum as well.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Pat does relace a wheel with a moped drum ( I believe they are 135mm) And Worksman does take little time to get what you ordered...They are a hand build shop, most of the really good products are going to have waits. That being said Pats stuff is top notch cant go wrong with it !!! Ive bought a few things from him, and plan to buy more in the future. Worksman...another fine company wouldnt hesitate to purchase from them.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Yep, Worksman does have lead times and all their wheels are made to order because of all the different combinations possible. Usually takes a couple weeks to get wheels built and then another week to ship. Sometimes I can get them a little sooner than others, but not always. My price on my web site is the same as Worksman as I am a Worksman dealer. As for my rear drum that I use I have to lace those myself and the parts still have to come from Worksman (shipping costs), then I do my lacing and add the motor side sprocket system, cable stop, and bicycle side freewheel, then ship again so it get's expensive. It is also 135mm.
Pat