Just a kid here...

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Hi! I'm sorta new to motorbiking, but I'm already on my second build. My first one was a board-track racer that isn't exactly "legal" :D Anyway I'm 14 and the bike I'm working on is going to be Whizzer-esque I have a 1 1/2 horse Clinton engine I'm putting on it. I don't like the kit engines, they just aren't me, (plus I'm a cheap-skate and I don't like spending $150 bucks for an engine that'll wear out I'll spend 5 bucks on one from a junkyard). I'll post some pictures of my first bike and the process of my second later. Thanks!

Kestrel Motors Inc.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard K !
You're in good company here. Gosh, a 1 1/2 Clinton sounds like a great motor!
..won't be fast, but it will be loads of fun!

We really like pics here, and I'll look forward to seeing pics of your first bike.
Best
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard K !
You're in good company here. Gosh, a 1 1/2 Clinton sounds like a great motor!
..won't be fast, but it will be loads of fun!

We really like pics here, and I'll look forward to seeing pics of your first bike.
Best
rc

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Actually, the way I've planned it, it should be able to get up to about 40-45. My first bike has a 1/2 horse Briggs and Stratton WMB and I've gotten up to 28 (THAT was scary, especially when the front wheel started to come off :eek:) But I'm leaving the pedals on this one, and no jack-shaft this time. So I hope it's a good bike to ride around town and such...

Kestrel Motors Inc.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Yes welcome... there is the DIY section and lots of other areas not exactly mentioning DIY but there in other areas too.... some really great Board Track Stuff.... not sure I ever saw or remember what a 1/2 looks like. I have Briggs 5S an 6S but use an aluminum for lighter weight 70's era side shaft 3hp on current build.

When you can post pics.

MT

PS oops found your builds....wow you can build stuff!

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/my-first-build-36298.html

Last edited:

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Thanks! That was my first "real" project. My dad had to help me a lot. My next build is going to be "legal" and I'm doing most of it myself (I need his help with the rear sheave, but the rest I've done myself: collecting parts, getting the bike, finding an engine, mounting the engine, and getting the engine running, etc...). I'm posting my progress so far on that build if you want to see it, it'll be in the same place as My first build.

K.M.I.