The McGinnis Motor Bikes Felt Magno Build

GoldenMotor.com

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Well, I have sold tons and tons of cranboobs, and now I have people in my area who really really want to see me producing really high end builds, so here is my first High end production bike, The Felt Magno, McGinnis Motor Bikes edition. So far, I just have the bike, a head light and my speedo, In the mail is a delorto carb, sbp expansion chamber exhaust, Ridleys $200 motor mounts, Phantom bikes chain tensioner, Raw 66 cc motor. Manic sprocket adaptor and pirates 40t sprocket,A temp gauge from JNMotors as well as the JNMotors cc-x port exhaust manifold , I since the magno is steel framed, I dont want to make the top tank into a gas tank ( very small) instead, im going to hide a little square 1/2gal pocket bike tank inside a leather saddle bag and mount the whole thing to a hidden seat post rack ( trust me, as weird as it sounds, I know it will look good,lol) and im going to use a heavy duty "gold finger" atv accelerator. total build cost? $1400. Going to price her at about $1900, and if she doesnt sell, ill keep her because I am inlove with this bike. here are pics so far, keep ya posted.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Ironic same last name the mcginnis side of the family is from Mo. elated?
As far as I know, I am the last McGinnis in my family since my uncle died a few years back, but, you dont find this same spelling of the name often, so who knows, we may be related

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Just a bit of an update, now shes sporting the manic 40t sprocket and hub adaptor, got the motor ported and polished, ridley mounts came in the mail yesterday ( man are they beautiful) mounted the sbp pipe today as well as the dellorto, she should be done in a few days

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Looks great. I am however, hopelessly confused as to what makes those mounts worth $200. I am open to education, though not optimistically, I admit.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Looks great. I am however, hopelessly confused as to what makes those mounts worth $200. I am open to education, though not optimistically, I admit.
Are they worth $200? well,no, but they are hands down the best mounts money can buy, they are mega heavy duty, they are a work of art, they are offset ( a must on a felt) and they have some heavy duty rubber shims that dont just reduce vibrations, they eliminate them, I had the bike out for a test ride this afternoon and it is so smooth, no vibrations at all. Its gonna be hard to sell this one!

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I thought about a 4 stroke, but I like the look of a 2 better. Phantom makes beautiful bikes, however, mine is faster, has better parts and is cheaper ;)

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Here she is, all done. Gonna be showing her at a big local car and motorcycle show tomorrow, who knows, maybe ill take home a prize or two.

cuberasnapper

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
nice bike ive got just about that same set up on my felt and im wondering how long is the rear hub with the coaster brake gonna last im about 250 and ive added a front drum brake any ideas

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
sold,sold,sold, the ebay auction for her just ended with a final price of $1800! time to build another one

Edrockmcboy

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
were did you buy that bike originally cause i would love to get my hands on one. With out an engine i would want to build it my self

Edrockmcboy

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
never mind i found it on felt haha dam never wouldve thought to look at felt for nice bikes. Since I am a bmxer that just recently got a motor bicycle haha felt bmx bikes suck

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Good luck finding one. They dont make them for the US market any more, some places online are selling the magno for as high as $1100!!! I have about 5 of them in stock, if you want one, I can let one go for $600 plus shipping

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Ok, so now that this one is in the books, time to start the next. Another magno is in the mail, but we are gonna do a few things different. Using the EZM kit this time around, Manic adaptor and a pirate 56t sprocket. custom made canister tank and im going to wire up a complete electrical system ( turn signals, headlight, horn, brake and tail light, ect, all DOT approved). Ill keep ya posted