Paint for Camoflage ?

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
What do you think guys ? here in Canada gas powered bikes are basically illegal-now even our bike path is (but electric is not).
I like the look of my bike but the Gestapo may even arrest us even if we are not runnung the gas on the trail. I have been toying with military greening the engine (camoflaging it )--i think if i do the whole bike in an accident situation someone will say they didn't see the bike !

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I've looked and looked and I can only find the paint in single color cans ,not the multicolored camo paint

lol

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
hahaaha i know what you mean your thinking is if i hafta i can elude thru the woods and well thats a sound plan with propper set up you could have a low key bike

this is what i would do paint with a flat green olive or something paint black small areas in twig shapes or and then do the same with a tanist brown color but create gassy look remember the whole key to camo is to break up the conrtast of the object to make the bike blend in better

make sure to paint all silver parts they really stick out

try to find colors to suite your area and think about changung season

Last edited:

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
camo depends on the distance something is viewed from. to break up the lines, create odd angled paint color boundaries, and paint high raised areas dark and low areas light.

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California
i did my bike in camo green check it out:

the paint i used was krylon army extra flat. its glossy there as the clear cote still hadnt finished drying lol
they sell all three colors to. make a stencil using construction paper for the camo. basically cut one edge into random curvy lines. also cut holes the same way. camo takes some time to do

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
your seeing the cruser in the pic not completed ,but if you look real close there is a motorized mountain bike setting behind it.

lol

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i found out the best way to make a bike non-chalant is to paint the motor same color as the bike. and make everything that isnt a typical bike part.make it follow the line of the bike.like exhaust,cables,ect.and at a glimpse a person(cops,law,the man)doesnt seem to take a second look.because at a glance.its a bike,but if your doing 30mph down the street,that seems too take the stealth out of it,so i try to keep around 10 to 20 mph,while i pedal.and only open it up to a wopping 37mph when i feel froggy on a secluded road

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I painted one white on one side and blue on the other. That way if there is an accident, there will be conflicting traffic reports.

wut?