Champion plug

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Got a new 70cc motor today from Dax.I ordered it Thurs.night and was surprised
by the quick shipping.This motor will keep me running while I rebuild my Boygofast (jack shaft bearings I suspect) Well,I dropped the new motor on and it fired instantly much to my surprise.Just putting around right now while it breaks in.Anyway to my point,the motor came with a Champion L82C copper plus spark plug.I searched the forum and can find no mention of this plug anywhere.Has anyone tried it?It seems OK at half throttle.Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It came with a Champion?!? That's something new. I had heard the other Champion plug mentioned was a bit short, so maybe that's the right one. BTW- for break-in you want to run it at various throttle and rpm settings, don't baby it too much and don't be afraid to rev it up a bit either. Short blasts of full throttle are actually better than running it too easy. It helps to seat the rings.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Will do Bikeguy.
Yeah,it came with a Champion.I got the motor by itself,no carb.,muffler,ect.
The threaded portion is the same as a NGKB5SH,which I just switched to,not wanting to be a guinea pig.Anyway the Champion seems applicable although I don't see China Girl 70 listed under motor models ChampionSparkplugs.com - Vehicle Fitting Results
Maybe Dax got a deal on them.Ron

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I've been using a champion L78C in the black bike and I did the ground electrode mod to it and run about 0.017 gap and its working great.
I went to this plug after I started having problems with the china plug I started to have problems with it as it kept fowling out, I'd clean it and it would work for awhile then fowl out. So I caned it and tried the champ and I can't leave good enough alone so I did the tip mod just cause I could.:D
My 2 cents(c)