new to this forum as a member.

GoldenMotor.com

johnzejtun

Jun 6, 2009
malta,europe
hi people im john from malta europe and i want to tell you that this forum is the best and has yaught me a lot.but i`m only 15 and over here you have to be 16 to be eligible to drive a motorised bike,even though a lot of kids like me are driving illegaly i want to too but im worried if im caught and i`ve invested in it a lot of money im afraid it will be confiscated,so do you peole reccomend me buying an 80cc motor from bikeberry,oh and my mum doesnt want me buying one.thanks in advance.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum John, glad you joined us.

My personal opinion is you should wait until you are old enough to operate one. I think you would enjoy it more with out having to look over your shoulder all the time. And for the reason you mentioned, you do not want your motorized bike to be confiscated.

johnzejtun

Jun 6, 2009
malta,europe
thanks a lot for giving me sound advice,i have an elctric scooter had it for 7 years but my need for speed led to me to drive so fast that there wasnt any lights working at all and now the batteries arent holding the charge so its been dead for about 5 years

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
replace the batteries for $50 or get a new electric scooter or bike,maybe one with more power.
if you have lights on the bike or scooter they should be powered by a separate battery so it doesnt take away from the power.
2-stroke in frame engines can be a lot of work to put on and mantain.
get a new scooter or batteries then when youre 16 or so get a engine kit so it will be legal,no one wants there hard earned bike taken away.
plus you can upgrade your electric one with more powerful motor and batteries.

johnzejtun

Jun 6, 2009
malta,europe
yeah i could but the problem is here in my country the margins are low so the shop closed down and theyr`e 24 volt battery ones and its almost a complete write off it just moves,nothing else and hey it just goes 30km/h and i like a lot of speed so i`ll fgigure ill wait till october until i turn 16 then i`ll get engine cause its like a step in my mobility and freedom.you knoiw not having to ask my parents to go somewhere,**** il even go to school with it if possible.