Concealed Carry?

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I may be opening up a can of worms here, but I'm curious as to find out how many members have a concealed carry permit?
I've had one for years and sometimes my job requires it. I've had extensive training both military and civilian on how to handle a hand gun.
It all comes down to mind set and trained reactions. Though I've never had to use it, but with all the civil unrest I feel more comfortable leaving the house with it. I carry now more than I ever have.
What's your choice?
Buzzard

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It isn't a taboo subject, Larry. We just don't want it to turn into a political debate which can happen when guns are the topic.

I don't have a permit but I'm certainly not against the idea. I have three guns, 2 rifles and one handgun. The pistol is too big to carry concealed. I'd have to strap it on my hip and look like Matt Dillon. But I'll bet no one would mess with me :)

Tom

Amarion1

Sep 15, 2012
Bellingham WA
I went to get one and filled out the form and had the cash but they were always closed before I could get in there. Tried for a couple months then gave up on it. Some day I'll attempt it again

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Being from Maine our permit is the Second Amendment period. Our much loved Governor Lepage and the people of the state of Maine have "Constitutional Carry". Gun Rights will NOT be infringed upon. With that said, I carry due to the fear I have concerning unleashed dogs. I was terrorized as a boy being chased on a bicycle by 4 very large black dogs. I'll never forget it and to this day I don't know how I got away. Scariest thing that ever happened to me. Makes me shudder to think.

GT4494

Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Those that do generally do not talk about it. Talking about it kinda defeats the intended purpose. Noone knows who is armed so everyone is a little nicer to one another.

If you do carry it gives you pause before you act like a jerk too. Hard to defend a good shoot when you started the problem. :)

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yep I'm sure all the criminals around here concealed carry, of course if a law abiding citizen gets caught here in CA you know it's jailtime.

IMO There should be no question of concealed or not. We have the 2nd Amendment but here in CA the laws in the Constitution don't apply. What they fail to realize is that criminals don't give a damn about the law and will continue carrying. So, in CA, the criminals know the general public is not armed. That is the real consequence of gun control. Guns don't kill people; people kill people.

The 2nd Amendment was written to protect the right of the people to defend themselves; from nature's dangers, from other people, and especially from the government.

What do I carry? None of your damn business.

Last edited: