Carb C-Clip adjustment, clip flew off can't find it

GoldenMotor.com

spankey

Aug 9, 2015
PA
While adjusting my son's carb pin c-clip tonight it flew off and I can't seem to locate it. Stupid me as I should have been more careful. Again it's the "c-Clip" that took off on me, not the pin or rod. I have all the parts in a baggie until we can locate another c clip....

Can I get this at a local mower shop? I have one nearby that is really big, sells all kinds of high end mowers, etc or do I have to order an entire new carb! Lowes or Home Depot and any ideas the size I would need to find?

Rookie mistake. I hate messing with carbs.

Thanks
Spankey

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just look for a place that sells an assortment of c-clips - failing that wrap apiece of safety wire around the position you want & leave an 1/8in pigtail on it

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We used to call those types of retainers, Jesus Christ pins. Because that's what you said when one popped off and disappeared.

Try your local Ace Hardware. They usually have a good selection of small 'C' clips. I think a 1/16" will work. Some people call them 'E' clips because they resemble the lower case letter 'e'. Take the needle with you for a trial fit. 1/16" might be too big.

Tom