SIDECAR-uploading picts is a pain and confusing - why is this not in the other thread

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Re: SIDECAR-uploading picts is a pain and confusing - why is this not in the other th

How long before you take to the tracks?

Priory Flyers, Langbaurgh, July 1990. Cub powered outfit. Variable compression as loads were fed from the headstock through the barrel studs. The blurred bit by the rider's knee is the gear change lever freshly released.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Re: SIDECAR-uploading picts is a pain and confusing - why is this not in the other th

Wow. That seat looks really comfortable. In all honesty Id probably prefer to be riding shotgun with a beer in hand than driving it laff

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

That was from the early days of the British Moped Mayhem Championships. Design moved rapidly on from there until we had our own manufacturer of kneeler chassis.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman

How long before you take to the tracks?
have had the paperwork for getting title andregistration for 4 weeks now - but wanted to finish sidecar costumization first. now that that is done, I plan to goto the DMV down the street (on my street legal goped - just for the **** of it) with all the papers-in-hand, we shall see what happens ;-/.

reference episode #40 from this link "apartment hunting".........this is what the DMV is like here in the U.S. ;-/.

https://archive.org/details/Mindwebs_230

;-/.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman

I visited your Nation in 95 for 3 weeks, drove all over - up to Scottland (Inverness) down to Wales (Carnifarn(sp) - where the folks spoke Welsh first, English second - and spoke Welsh to me (lol - that was weird!! - felt right at home - being a foreigner and all the Welsh thinking by looking at me I'm a local!!!...........rem, a guy in toll-booth in North Wales informing me (I assume) of the cost of the toll over the private bridge - in Gaelic!!!!!, I sort of stammered a little and said "sorry, I'm an American" - then he told me the charge in a language I understood. lol.

"Long live the Queen, Rule Britainia!!!!!!!!!!!.....you 70's TV shows rock too BTW Callen, Colditz, Secret Army (director Victor Ritchtellis(sp) is a name I see on all three of those shows).............................NEVER heard of any of those shows......until finding them on Youtube, and liking them enough to buy the DVDs (from Amazon UK - PAL format only - but I have a PAL playback player ;-)...............Saphire and Steel is a good one to - I'll buy that DVD set some day also.

Neflick does not offer any of the above shows of course. too obscure.

oh ya Gideons Way (I just love that actor - he's so good whoever he is) is a great show as is The Human Jungle - thank to YT I learned of them, watched them and bought the DVD sets of.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

Welsh and Gaelic are related to each other, but not closely, and they're both descended from Mediterranean Indo European roots 4,000 years ago. There's a 4,000 year old copper mine in Llandudno, up on the Orme. You can get there by riding on an early 20th C San Francisco cable car.

Gideon's Way was John Gregson, I think. Secret Army is largely forgotten here but it's spoof, Allo! Allo!, rampages on.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman

Welsh and Gaelic are related to each other, but not closely, .
really? not to sound pompus - but are you sure?

Manish (Isle of Man - last speaker died in the 70's?), and Cornish (die out 150? yrs ago) I kinda viewed as Gaelic also.

I know there is no "gaelic" but scotts gaelic" irish gaelic" etc...........

........you saying that Welsh has some Gaelic in it, but also some English/French(Norman)/Latin(from Romans) too...................sort of a mishmash???

??

and they're both descended from Mediterranean Indo European roots 4,000 years ago. .

All surviving European (and Northern Indian) languages - other than Basque (and maybe Laplander?) is Indoeuropean based
There's a 4,000 year old copper mine in Llandudno, up on the Orme. You can get there by riding on an early 20th C San Francisco cable car.

kewl. I rem one Welsh word - from just reading English dictionary (a good one - with a lot of archaic words) as a kid eons ago........."vug"(sp) - is a cave.

lol...I think...........just know rem. - from seeing word 35 yrs ago.

so maybe not ;-/.

Gideon's Way was John Gregson, I think. .
yep! that's him - when you said it I knew it sounded right in my mind. great on that show. he died "youngish" - or so I understand.

Secret Army is largely forgotten here.

why is that?

of course its utterly unknown here in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!! A&E (when it was a real ARTS channel - early 90's- actually showed this show - but I didn't know it at that time - only heard that they did 25 yrs later - lol).

but it's spoof, Allo! Allo!, rampages on.
yes ;-(.

I caught a few clips on YT after learning that it was a SA spoof and quite popular (then for sure, now? not sure).......................it was horrid.

I'm not a stiff bore - ..........but......................but maybe I am if that show is actually really funny!!!!!!!!!!

it not. not the 3 or so 5 minute clips I have it (just to see "what was what and it a chance")......................

down the toilet IMO.

Secret Army is lightyears better - one of the best shows I've seen actually (and Hepton is a bad actor - but Richards as well as Francis(sp) were/are excellent actresses. both pretty too.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman

oh yes -----to digress Judy Geeson is a cutie (in a mousey sort of way), and good actress.

first saw her in "Star Madians" (pure cheese/slock - but I like that sort of stuff - same reason I love LOVE U.F.O............and no we in the US never heard of either - but YT offered them up for me to watch and value.

and later in Danger UXB.......GREAT show BTW........and yes another YT find and at least this show is offered in NTSC - so I bought the North American NTSC version of the DVD for peace of mind.

......................new BBC stuff is crappy and dumbed down - like American stuff. 70's and before for both UK and US was the best era for intelligent TV. (lol oxymoron).

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

Allo! Allo! works for us as a kind of seaside postcard caricature, trading on stereotypes and old fashioned theatrical farce. French and German television executives couldn't touch it, as the politics are still touchy, but both sets were in absolute hysterics at the actual programmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0j_ffeCM0M

There is the added benefit of a British agent, Officer Crabtree, who speaks really bad French and stands out like a sore thumb due to his height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOhsHRLX7fw

Last edited: