Need recommendation for next motor.

GoldenMotor.com

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
The kit I received from Bikeberry was actually 48cc and not 66cc. I get speeds of 20-25 Mph but want to reach 30-45 or more. What is the place I can go for a motor/compression head that gives these speeds? I checked KingsMotorBikes but none of the engines in the 'Engine Only' section have reviews.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, how do you know it is 48cc, is the piston only 40mm wide?

second, it often takes 20 to 60 miles for a new motor to run in enough to give full speed

I've been using sashawigs2009 on eBay as a kit supplier for about 6 months now and they seem OK.

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Upgraded carb, some porting, new exhaust, smaller sprocket (or a jackshaft), etc, etc ?

Just a suggestion as opposed to getting a brand new motor.

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
Haven't gotten around to measuring yet. But it tops out at 30 if I'm going completely flat for 1/4 mile with a 36t sprocket. I'm planning on buying a ported engine with a racing compression head and 6jet carb. I'll update this thread after I test things out.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Since your engine has the 6mm studs on the cylinder the only may for sure to know what size engine you have is to measure the bore, the 66cc engines will have a 47mm bore, if this is an older engine the 49 and 66cc both had 6mm studs. You can easily tell if you saw a 66 and a 49 next to each other since the 49 has a considerably smaller cylinder and head than the 66cc, I got a 49 at the shop I can measure across the head and post that measurement, the 66cc head is noticeably wider than the 49, the distance between the head bolts is also different, with those measurements you will be able to tell without having to measure the bore.