keeping speed problem

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Nope, well said, you did a good job brother.

I call it a low speed mixture needle, that is precisely why it has notches and a clip to raise it just slightly while at part throttle so the amount of fuel the engine gets is limited until the engine revs and is able to get more air flowing in, to me its similar to a regular flow control needle on an old briggs or tecumseh carb but the difference is that on the slide carb its variable.

Im not saying that my opinion on this is 100% correct but this is how I understand it and 8 know that needle does very little of anything once it moves a particular distance from the main jet because more fuel cqn flow around the needle in the emulsion tube that can actually even be pulled through the main jet, this is what makes it a non factor once it moves so far up away from the main jet, it no longer restricts the fuel flow since it will allow more fuel to pass then can be pull3d through the jet.

Dang here I went and gave more $ .02 than I had intended.....lol!!!
That's how I've always understood how the dang thing works. Thanks Map.
fatdaddy.usflg

proneto911

Oct 8, 2014
NW Burbs of Chicago
alright well ordered the NT carb Jet kit so i can get it running without feeling like its choking. see how that turns out. I am however having trouble finding the diameter of the wheel hub i can't find the hub diameter and i dont know how to measure accurately with this wheel.
http://1drv.ms/1H59mC0
if anyone can help it would be super helpful

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
anyone else having probs seeing onedrive stuff - this is third machine I've tried & all redirect me to a page to sign up for an acct

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
anyone else having probs seeing onedrive stuff - this is third machine I've tried & all redirect me to a page to sign up for an acct
I can't get the photos to enlarge. They are bigger than thumbnails but are supposed to go larger but when I try they start downloading and after five minutes I give up.
That could just be my dinosaur computer or my Internet connection though.

Tom

proneto911

Oct 8, 2014
NW Burbs of Chicago
ok well the info i got since its hard to see i guess the rims are y2000 made by Alex 559x26 and stamped on the hub is 6061 Alloy double sealed. i cant find the hub diameter without actually measuring it but the hub is 0oo0 its wider on the outer than inner if that makes any sense so i don't know what to measure manually

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i cant find the hub diameter without actually measuring it but the hub is 0oo0 its wider on the outer than inner if that makes any sense so i don't know what to measure manually
If the wider outside section of your hub is too wide a sprocket adapter will not work.
The middle section must be flat too and wide enough as well.
Most adapters are 3/4" wide.

www.mmbikeparts.com has a page showing what hubs will work.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
alright well ordered the NT carb Jet kit so i can get it running without feeling like its choking. see how that turns out. I am however having trouble finding the diameter of the wheel hub i can't find the hub diameter and i dont know how to measure accurately with this wheel.
http://1drv.ms/1H59mC0
if anyone can help it would be super helpful
the pix come up fine for me using my Galaxy Note 4, looking at the hub, you need to measure the middle area not the swell on each side.

At Harbor Freight tools and places like Autozone you can find a cheap set of digital calipers and you can get it measured that way.

proneto911

Oct 8, 2014
NW Burbs of Chicago
I can't get the photos to enlarge. They are bigger than thumbnails but are supposed to go larger but when I try they start downloading and after five minutes I give up.
That could just be my dinosaur computer or my Internet connection though.

Tom
sorry tom, my cell phone takes really good pictures and are kinda big in resolution so might not be your fault

proneto911

Oct 8, 2014
NW Burbs of Chicago
the pix come up fine for me using my Galaxy Note 4, looking at the hub, you need to measure the middle area not the swell on each side.

At Harbor Freight tools and places like Autozone you can find a cheap set of digital calipers and you can get it measured that way.
ill definitely take a look for them tomorrow at harbor freight one is like a mile away.