"Live, from NY, It's..........

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Can you believe? 40 years?
Good grief. I can remember when our group used to plan our Saturday nights around being in front of the TV, somebody's TV, to watch
Saturday Night Live. I remember the first show.

Some great memories. And I'm off to watch the Anniversary Dedication show. It starts in a few minutes. Don't know if I can watch three hours of television but I'll give it a shot. Should bring back some memories. Some, very fond.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. I don't actually remember the very first show. I'm sure I missed it. But I picked up on it not long after.

And we also planned our Saturday nights around that show. My crowd and I did the same for "Monty Python". In my market it was on Wednesday's on the local PBS station.

I sure do wish I had the time for that sort of stuff these days. Heck, I can't even manage to keep an eye on the NFL anymore.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I stopped following it as the Belusi/Radner era ended........just didn't seem the same.

Rosanne Rosanna Danna was my favorite along with the Blues Brothers and Father Guido Sarducci. John in the bee suit is permanently ingrained in my feeble mind!!

"......never mind....."

"It just goes to show ya, if it ain't one thing it's another."

"Hamburger.....Pepsi!"

"Jane, you ignorant slut....."

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Paul Simon singing 'Still crazy' in a turkey costume.
He sang it again tonight....but it wasn't quite the same.

Stevie Wonder playing tennis and doing a Canon camera commercial.

I'm like most of you. I was a faithful fan for about five years then sort of lost it when the cast changes started. Still fun to reflect on though. Funny stuff.

I did enjoy most of it tonight. It was the first thing I've watched on TV for years.

Tom

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Spent several months in traction at our local hospital in '79. On Saturdays all the staff on duty would roll into my room and we would have a great time. Watched the first hour or so tonight but wasn't all that impressed. Guess I'm just getting old.

Dan

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember 'Quarry Cereal', Auto-Deoderant, and one that was a joke back then but became reality.

It had to do with yellow post-it notes that you wrote on but your handwriting turned into printed text.

I also liked William Shatner playing himself in a scit about attending a 'Star Trek' conference. "Look at you people. Why don't you get a life?"

They had one on last night about "Mom Jeans". They even used JP Penny's logo. It looked real at first until you got the satire and humor.

Tom