4-stroke "Indian" moped

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
A local auction coming up has an "Indian" moped listed. From a photo it doesn't look to be in very good condition. From what I've been able to research it looks to be about 1979-80. Any thoughts or opinions about this animal.

Thanks, Dan

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Seems to me I heard of it. A good place to ask or look for information would be at the Moped Army website. I know you're a marine veteran, but I suspect they'll let you enter the site anyway.
SB

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I have memory of an "Indian" made in China about then, with a pedal started Honda Cub type engine.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Worked with some fellas that said goodnight to Chesty. If you need a go-between, I'm available. All trained up and everything ;)

Indian moped... sure sounds like something to have. I've sent a text to an Indian guy I know (who coincidentally is Native American and loves the jokes) and when I hear from him, I'll post back.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Lud, I think your memory is correct about it being a Chinese creation and from the photo of the bike I doubt I would go more than $25 if there are some usable parts for my two bikes or possibly another build at some point.
Trey, thanks for steppin' up and I'll keep the offer in mind!
Tom, Hmmmmm!

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If the engine's in good running order and has pedals, it might be worth having just for that.