clacking noises

GoldenMotor.com

pedalurassoff

Nov 5, 2014
providence, RI
I have noises almost like there are pebbles hitting the bikes frame. Not as much when im accelerating, but when im coasting i hear it alot even with the clutch in. But not when bike is parked also. Im pretty sure this isnt a good thing. What can i do?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Gotta be the chain hitting inside the engine front sprocket cover. (or elsewhere)
Take the cover off and look for scraped aluminum marks.
The 3 bolt sprocket cover needs to be notched/ filed out where the 415 chain hits it
and depending on the angle of your motor may be hitting on the bolt castings.

Push your bike to check the chain noise with the motor off.

Mean.motor

Mar 14, 2014
Brampton, ON
I recently just cleaned out my clutch with brake cleaner, pads and all. I took a chunk out of one of the pads trying to get it out with my nail. Now when i start my bike it and accelerate up to 20kmh it has a loud ticking sound, almost like i tape a playing card to my fork and the rim is making it flap like when you were a kid. I am assuming that this is causing an imbalance somewhere in there, but honestly its just a guess and im not sure. Its been too cold and rainy and crappy outside to take a look and test and then look again, and then test, and then look again, and test, then try something new, and then... test. lol
You might have a clutch issue, or a chain issue. Just my two sense.