RIP Tom from Car Talk.

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I don't know how far the radio show spread beyond the Midwest, but over here a great many of us are in mourning. Tom Magliozzi from Car talk died today! Tom and his brother, Ray, were "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers" on the syndicated call-in radio program Car Talk, an NPR offering where you could call in to the show, tell them how your car was acting, and they'd make a bunch of corny jokes while they diagnosed it. Many times, I about busted a gut.
Little known trivia: in the Disney/Pixar movie "Cars", Tom and Ray played the Rusteze sponsor spokes-autos, a van and a car. They basically played themselves and cracked more corny jokes.
For years, ages, I listened to them on the radio. The ran a column in most newspapers too, and I read it - hearing their voices in my head.
There's only one voice left. And Ray will sound a bit lonely. Dear Ray - we'll miss your brother too.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Caught their show every time I was working saturdays. He will be missed by mechanics and people that never picked up a wrench.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm sorry to hear that. Always informative and always amusing. That they were brothers who worked together and got along as friends was a plus. Together they made the world a better place.
SB