48cc Porting Job

GoldenMotor.com
May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello all,
started my first port job of a new 48cc jug I got for my motor a few weeks ago. I noticed nobody is doing these for the lil 48cc motors, and since I am a certified machinist (although I never chose to actually work in the field) I do very much enjoy it, I may start to offer some 48cc ported jugs.

I have access to a mill and my dremel flex setup of coarse, and was able to get an end mill into the ports to do some very precision work to the bottom of the intake and the roof of the exhaust ports. Allowing me to retain very specific heights that I got off of this site http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/157-117.html

Then I used the flex shaft dremel to clean all the flashing from the transfer ports, and believe me there was a lot of flash and ridges restricting flow.

I plan on also machining the top of the cylinder where the gasket goes, to be perfectly flat with a fly cutter bit, and eliminate the lapping process with sandpaper. In conjunction with a Puch Hi Hi 50cc head (also precision machined I should be able to get away with no head gasket, although I probably will use one.

I am planning of having some 48cc head gaskets laser cut from .025 thick copper sheet, and will have some of those for sale once I get them made up, since no one actually sells the copper part for the smaller 48cc motor.