Ghost Racer Kit

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hehe, ya, it's winter for you already.

It is that second stunningly awesome time of year here in Phoenix, ~70F in the morning, ~85F late afternoon and just frigg'n gorgeous for biking, the other awesome time of course is Spring.

I build year-round and we will need to dawn long pants, a jacket and gloves soon but that's OK so long as we aren't too worn out from shoveling sunshine all summer ;-}
Used to live on the Colorado River across from Laughlin for years...so just got tired of living under the AC nine months out of the year. With the job situation non-existant...moved to Idaho and back to here.

As for the winter gear...have 2 pairs of MC gauntlets I got about 20 years ago and have held onto all that time. With my coat & other gear...along with the mile or so I would have to ride to work...think I have it covered.

Did get the parts ordered. Got the manifold from Venice and the rest of it from Dax...so should have it by early next week or by mid-week.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Pooh..
Keep an eye open for this bike in CS soon...

A guy there bought it from yesterday and I'm prepping it for delivery via Uship independent trucker intact shipping today.

It won't care if there is snow on the ground or not ;-}
VERY NICE!

Funny thing about seeing MB around here. You would think with almost half a million in population...I would see a ton of them around here. Have seen only mine and my pastor's son who rides on an electric hub are the only ones. While on Craigslist...rarely see one come up for sale for around here. Strange. On the other hand...in Twin Falls...used to see several people riding them. Believe the big difference is that here in Colorado...the state is trying to extort as much money as possible...so you rode for free in Idaho...but here...you're supposed to have a sticker and insurance. The latter is impossible to find since no one wants to touch the MB's...but the state still says you have to have it. Even if you're throwing cash at them...they won't take it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ahh, Laughlin all the way down to Lake Havasu, spent several spring breaks along that stretch of river with boats and friends, nothing quite like a floating orgy even if you are just watching hehehe ;-}

I miss my 20's... a lot.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Ahh, Laughlin all the way down to Lake Havasu, spent several spring breaks along that stretch of river with boats and friends, nothing quite like a floating orgy even if you are just watching hehehe ;-}

I miss my 20's... a lot.
Didn't mind Havasu too much. At least it's more cosmopolitan than the rest of the county...including Colorado City. Too bad I lived north of there in Armpit City...as well as more north of that in McVeighman. Actually used to work with him for a while when I was living there at the cabinet manufacturer at the airport. Could tell you the stories when the FLDS came into town from Colorado City. I swear...they made Lancaster, PA look like Vegas AND I'm Mennonite. ;)

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
The joke is thinking I could just run the engine around 4Krpm and even with a brand new file shave the shaft down ~1mm.
Pffttt...

I gave it my all for like 20 minutes of press hard and level with multiple files with the motor running around 4K rpm....

In short that engine shaft keyway is a better cutting tool than your files.
After a hundred or so playing I have decided to live with the tambourine monkeys or just use the 4G design where the clutch is mounted on the engine shaft and the outdrive has the clutch bell on bearings in it itself.
Why were you revving it? Should have just let it idle. It probably overheated the file. I searched and here's the post where cobrafreak tells how he did it.
http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=370196&postcount=23
It seems he used a flapper disk like this to do most of the work.
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-half-inch-36-grit-flap-disc-67639.html

radaracer285

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
The Boca Bearings MR2015 Radial Bearings 15 x 20 x 3.5 Millimeters are not sealed either. Their $29.95 bearing is at least Abec 3 but I could not find any bearing in this size that is sealed. These open bearing need to be sealed in grease or bathed in oil. The Bell Housing drill method would use these bearings: 6702-2RSC 15 X 21 X 4 Ceramic Bearing (Abec 3!!) at $6.97 a piece and $2.99 shipping for 3. If the Bell housing from the 4G fits..... it is $29.95 plus shipping from bicycle-engines.com. I would have the local machine shop do the bell drilling and if I read the procedure correctly it should provide 1mm step in the bell housing to retain the bearings from both openings.

radaracer285

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
Case closed on the so called Gru Bee knock off debate!!
Gru Bee History: In 1999, after using an engine on a bike in China, Don Grube brought a 48cc kit home to the USA for his own use. He installed it on an old 15 dollar used bike and one trip around Lake Heifner in Oklahoma City proved he had a winner. Folks loved the bicycle power idea and the unique engine "putt-da-tee" "putt" "putt" sound! Unexpectedly, Don never made it home with his engine powered bike. A new name was born when an observer noticed and said: “I want to buy one like that, where did you get that cute little "Wing Ding"? The man bought it for cash money on the spot!!!.

Oilite Bushings in Go Karts and Bicycle engines have been around for a long time. All of the Japanese and Chinese Companies pre date Gru Bee, Inc by many years. So lets stop the name calling and give credit where credit is due! And its not Gru Bee