Ghost Racer Kit

GoldenMotor.com

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
.....Upon opening the kit, I found no instructions on how to put it together, well after trial and error, it was not a big deal. Everything went together rather smooth.]

If you go back to Gasbike's page. Click on the Ghost racer link, scroll down to the description of the kit. There is a downloadable PDF file that is the installation manual. I dicovered it by accident

Last edited:

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
.....Upon opening the kit, I found no instructions on how to put it together, well after trial and error, it was not a big deal. Everything went together rather smooth.]

If you go back to Gasbike's page. Click on the Ghost racer link, scroll down to the description of the kit. There is a downloadable PDF file that is the installation manual. I dicovered it by accident
Here's the link.
http://gasbike.net/images_templ/keyed-manual-7g.pdf

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
FYI, Gasbike has a coupon for $20 off the 7g kit. The coupon code is GHOST20.
Yep, used it yesterday so I have another 7g on the way to try a bearing fix on.

Despite the kit flaws it came rather well I think.

I used the 3rd party billet and NT carb.

The second notch down seems to be ideal on the NT needle and the breather was no issue, a bit longer hose and plastic tube and it fits right in a air cleaner hole.

Note I also used a extra 4G base again as the 7G kit base is a joke.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

The second notch down seems to be ideal on the NT needle and the breather was no issue, a bit longer hose and plastic tube and it fits right in a air cleaner hole.
NICE KC!! :(

Thanks for the mention about my carb & manifold that you're using.

It's nice to know that I'm just a '3rd party' who's not even worthy of telling people about (unlike your good buddy Grubee (who's company you're always spamming the heck out of))?!?!? :(

The next time someone calls me & asks if there's anyone in AZ who can help them with their bike? (& there've been many over the years)... I'M GONNA FORGET YOUR NAME! ;)

For anyone looking for this carb & manifold upgrade for their 49cc?, you can find it here... http://venicemotorbikes.com/shop/?product_cat=various-bike-engine-parts

Thanks (for nothing) KC! :crash:

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
NICE KC!! :(

Thanks for the mention about my carb & manifold that you're using.
No intentional disrespect VMB, it's a nice intake, I just couldn't remember where or even when I got the thing as I tend to buy things I don't need at the time but would like to try sometime.

Thanks for identifying the intake I used is the 49cc 4-stroke intake manifold for ‘NT’ carb from Venice Motor Bikes ;-}
http://venicemotorbikes.com/shop/?product_cat=various-bike-engine-parts

I don't know how well the breather tube going to the air cleaner will work, it vents before the foam filter which may lead to undue needed maintenance.
What do you do with the breather?

I sure like the 29'er for building these on, there is all the room in the world for adjustment, in fact the tensioner is only there for future easy customer chain adjustment as a mount tweak tightens the chain without one.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
No intentional disrespect VMB, it's a nice intake, I just couldn't remember where or even when I got the thing as I tend to buy things I don't need at the time but would like to try sometime.
You bought it three weeks ago... (& it probably arrived at your door only two weeks ago)! :(

So don't try to lie & play it off like it's been sitting in the back of your garage (collecting dust) for years!

Your disrespect is very obvious, & I feel like a dummy for sending you those referrals over the years :(

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
You bought it three weeks ago... (& it probably arrived at your door only two weeks ago)! :(

So don't try to lie & play it off like it's been sitting in the back of your garage (collecting dust) for years!

Your disrespect is very obvious, & I feel like a dummy for sending you those referrals over the years :(

again i gotta agree with V.M.B on this, come on KC how hard is to simply look up your email at your orders or take a minute or two to at least think about it
it's not that hard!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Your disrespect is very obvious
Wow Norm, I'm sorry bud, what more can I say than my failure to mention you as the maker was not some sort of intentional diss?

Your intake works well and looks good, be proud of it.

- - - - -

The new 7G and roller bearings are here.
Everything is just a 'red pubey hair' from fitting just right, and the bearing fits that end plug already.

The fitting in the clutch bell is RPH close too, so close I had a hard time just getting the bearing to sit on the hole for this pic.

The shaft needs to be milled down a bit, which I can do pretty easy with a file once the engine is mounted and started, the big rub is $20+ for a bit to just drill out enough room on each side of the bell for one bearing on the inside and 2 on the outside.

Guess I'll see soon.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I ordered my 21mm bit off Amazon for $10.95 here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9TWXQ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered it when I ordered the bearings. The bearings are here but the bit is still in shipping. I've had no luck finding 15x19mm washers to place at each end of the bearing stack so I plan on making do with 5/8" inside diameter copper sealing washers from an assortment from Harbour Freight. I'll have to hand file both down till they are less than 19mm outside diameter. Maybe I'll put a bunch on the output shaft and file them down via the cobrafreak method.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
By base I assume you mean engine mount. I agree that the 7G engine mount doesn't work very well on a cruiser frame with a curved downtube. It's way too short. It might be OK on a frame with a straight downtube though.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, used it yesterday so I have another 7g on the way to try a bearing fix on.

Despite the kit flaws it came rather well I think.

Am fixing to order the 4-Stroke NT manifold...along with either an NT or RT carb tomorrow. (It's payday & have decided to get my carb/throttle fixed.)

From the picture...you have a line running from the bottom of the NT air filter to the crankcase where the line from the stock air box goes. Could you do a closeup or two of how you have this set up and how you did it? If I decide to go with the RT carb...rather than the NT carb...would there be any way to do this as you have done with the NT carb?

Almost forgot...do the stock carb bolts work to put the new manifold on or will I need new ones? If new ones...can you let me know the sizes/lengths?

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Could you do a closeup or two of how you have this set up and how you did it? If I decide to go with the RT carb...rather than the NT carb...would there be any way to do this as you have done with the NT carb?

Almost forgot...do the stock carb bolts work to put the new manifold on or will I need new ones?
If new ones...can you let me know the sizes/lengths?
That build is out the door already.
I don't know what VNB's intake may have came with, but I used a gasket and Allan bolts I had around to attach it as the long stock bolts won't work.

For the breather I just bought some longer hose and shoved some piece of round hard plastic tube I had around that fit both ends in the filter, may have even been drilled, don't know, Cole did that part.

SPEAKING OF MODS FORGET CLUTCH BEARINGS!

We had no problem drilling out a bit of each end of the clutch bell T pulley and getting bearings in with the drill press...

..and some light dremel work in the vice.

The joke is thinking I could just run the engine around 4Krpm and even with a brand new file shave the shaft down ~1mm.
Pffttt...

I gave it my all for like 20 minutes of press hard and level with multiple files with the motor running around 4K rpm....

Other than scaring the shaft a bit all it did was eat up my files.

In short that engine shaft keyway is a better cutting tool than your files.
After a hundred or so playing I have decided to live with the tambourine monkeys or just use the 4G design where the clutch is mounted on the engine shaft and the outdrive has the clutch bell on bearings in it itself.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Use sand paper? I can think of grits that will scratch pretty good. Sand paper aint cheap. We got roloc disks at work that will mar anything for the most part. Big peice like for a belt sander shoe shine style.

Here in can ly a problem. I can use tool cutting oil on a hole saw and the dang thing will cut a hole faster. Days in the Autobody shops I was in when in me younger days tought
me. That some DA type sanders were best at a certain speed they cut better and longer.

Having that motor revved and no cutting oil would only harden the the crank shaft and eat a file for shure.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That build is out the door already.
I don't know what VNB's intake may have came with, but I used a gasket and Allan bolts I had around to attach it as the long stock bolts won't work.

For the breather I just bought some longer hose and shoved some piece of round hard plastic tube I had around that fit both ends in the filter, may have even been drilled, don't know, Cole did that part.
Am going to order the manifold...so I have that covered. The gasket...will just buy a small square of it...if I don't have it around. As for the bolts...hate not having a Tacoma Screw around here or I'd go over there. That's the thing I hate with them not being around here in Colorado. Guess it's over to one of the big box stores to get them.

Either way...will get it figured out. Appreciate the info and thanks for your help/photos.

As for the rest of the mod...put on the EzMatic several years ago & never had a problem. On the other hand...when I left it under a motorcycle cover for a year when I moved...that was me being stupid by letting the stock carb get gummed up when I should've known better. That's changing early next week.

With my luck...the first blizzard of the season will hit when I get the parts in and installed. ;)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Am going to order the manifold...so I have that covered.

With my luck...the first blizzard of the season will hit when I get the parts in and installed. ;)
Hehe, ya, it's winter for you already.

It is that second stunningly awesome time of year here in Phoenix, ~70F in the morning, ~85F late afternoon and just frigg'n gorgeous for biking, the other awesome time of course is Spring.

I build year-round and we will need to dawn long pants, a jacket and gloves soon but that's OK so long as we aren't too worn out from shoveling sunshine all summer ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hey Pooh..
Keep an eye open for this bike in CS soon...

A guy there bought it from yesterday and I'm prepping it for delivery via Uship independent trucker intact shipping today.

It won't care if there is snow on the ground or not ;-}