King's Sales & Sprockets just SUCKS!

GoldenMotor.com

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Rebel Gears FTW!

Even with my super-crumby cam you can see that this is a beautiful piece from Rebel Gears.

I'll get to the specs in a minute, but I MUST report on the night & day difference throughout the entire experience. First, I filled out an online order through Rebel Gear's website, then double and triple-checked that all the info entered was just as I intended before sending it in. The next day I received an e-mail from Rebel saying that they received my order, and that someone will be in contact with me. The day after, I received a call from a really nice guy that wanted to go over the specs and make sure that he had everything correct before machining (and he did). A couple of hours later, I got another call from another very pleasant lady-rep. that wanted to know if I had a preference of finishes, and shipping method, and she told me that if I needed anything to give her a ring. The next day I received an e-mail saying that my sprocket had been shipped, and they included a tracking number (that I must've checked about every 30 minutes for the next three days).

The specs I ordered for my Dax/New Departure combo are as follows:

36T / 415-chain
8mm beveled mounting holes on 9x2.874" pattern
1.75" center bore
XtraLite drilling option (VERY nice looking)

So for a total of $65.20 I got two e-mails, two phone calls, a "Thank You" note on the invoice, and a REALLY nice custom sprocket. To say the least, my expectations were surpassed in every measure. I never mentioned to them my previous experience with "the other guys", so to them I was just an average-Joe with an order, but I say ladies & gentlemen, THAT IS HOW IT'S DONE!

THANK YOU REBEL GEARS!!!

.wee.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that the mounting holes were specified as 8mm, however, when I ordered the sprocket I was asked if I would be using 8mm hardware, and I said yes, not knowing that the 8mm hole should be used with (I believe) M7 hardware. Hind-sight being 20/20, I thought I'd share this with the forum. Not that it's a big deal, but I had to relieve the Dax mounting plates with a 5/16" drill bit to use the 8mm hardware that I got since my sprocket was drilled specifically for use with M8 mounting bolts. :2cents:

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Glad to see they were able to help you out KnockKnock! The big ol' 80t Rebel made me for my OCC hasn't worn a bit, and at high speed that thing must be zinging along at 3000 RPM!

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Thanks for posting another vendor that we can use. I am sure it will help me and other builders
You're very welcome, and I do hope that you and others find it helpful. I ordered my sprocket in between Christmas and New Years, and to be honest, I expected it to take MUCH longer since most everyone was still in "holiday-mode". I'm sure that they get busy, and of course customer service may not always be what it was for me in this instance, but they got an A+ on this one. I don't know how they go about such things, but it sure would be nice if we could somehow convince Rebel Gears to sponsor our forum. Based on this experience, I think RG has the potential to make a lot of members here into very happy customers. Kk

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Rebel Gears is? ''Manic Mechanic'' not much better IME lol...... Oh boy that history! I can see where this is going.

Last edited:

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Rebel Gears is ''Manic Mechanic'' not much better lol...... Oh boy that history! I can see where this is going.
I really had no idea. I'm still a NOOB to all this, so I've got a lot to learn as far as what companies are affiliated - all I know is that I'm happy with the way things turned out.

EDIT: After a search, I didn't dig up anything on a Rebel/MM association. The websites have different DNS servers, and (not that it means a whole lot, but) the area code for MM is in Florida whereas the Rebel Gears address and phone number is listed in TN. I'm not saying that I doubt what you're telling me, but I either misinterpreted what you were saying or these two affiliate companies have a really unusual way of doing things if they're in tandem. Does anyone have a link to confirm this Manic/Rebel relationship for the forum?

...or if anyone has mercy on the newbie (me), can you say where this is allegedly going? LOL

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Rebel Gears is ''Manic Mechanic'' not much better lol...... Oh boy that history! I can see where this is going.
Rebel Gears has nothing to do with Manic Mechanic.
Also Manic Mechanic has had a really good new owner named George for a long time.

The adapter that George at MM gave as a prize at the Oct 19th race was really well machined and finished with all the edges nicely beveled.

Just ask headtrama #59 who won that MM prize.

Last edited by a moderator:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Rebel Gears service was some of the best I've ever encountered from an automotive supplier, especially a custom machine shop. Their Southern hospitality was so nice it had me thinking I'd like to move to Tennessee someday, lol!

"Take me to another place..."

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Rebel Gears service was some of the best I've ever encountered from an automotive supplier, especially a custom machine shop. Their Southern hospitality was so nice it had me thinking I'd like to move to Tennessee someday, lol!

"Take me to another place..."
Agreed, both reps that I spoke to were very polite and respectful. It's nice to see that "Sir", "Ma'am", "please", and "thank you" (formerly known as "common-courtesies") are still practiced. It maybe cheesy to some folks, but it made me feel like a valued patron worthy of their time and respect. Kk

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Agreed, both reps that I spoke to were very polite and respectful. It's nice to see that "Sir", "Ma'am", "please", and "thank you" (formerly known as "common-courtesies") are still practiced. It maybe cheesy to some folks, but it made me feel like a valued patron worthy of their time and respect. Kk
Rebel Gears is a very good company that makes excellent sprockets but they don't make sprocket adapters which are the best way to attach them to the wheel.

Call George at Manic Mechanic to get very well made sprocket adapters and you will find that George is an A+++ Guy that is a little bewildered by the misinformation coming from forum members like Goat that had some kind of bad interaction with the previous owner Jim.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Rebel Gears has nothing to do with Manic Mechanic.
Also Manic Mechanic has had a really good new owner named George for a long time.

The adapter that George at MM gave as a prize at the Oct 19th race was really well machined and finished with all the edges nicely beveled.

Just ask headtrama #59 who won that MM prize.

Do not know why you are making such false and misleading posts here?
Rebel Gears is? ''Manic Mechanic'' not much better lol...... Oh boy that history! I can see where this is going.

Forgot to put a ? there. lol Say how is your ''Ken'' folk doing these days down therednut

Sounds like Rebel has sprockets..

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow cant for the life of me figure out how anyone would come up with the idea that it was implied that Rebel Gears and Manic M were in any way associated. ....lol
After reading what MBR/ Neil said and all the other post its clear that he was simply saying that Manic M was offring really nice adapters that would nicely compliment the Sprocket that Rebel Gears made for my good buddy KK.

And by the way KK glad to hear you got such a nice sprocket now, that pic shows some nice work.

Cant wait to see your build ready for the maiden voyage......

Map
.wee.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Wow cant for the life of me figure out how anyone would come up with the idea that it was implied that Rebel Gears and Manic M were in any way associated. ....lol
After reading what MBR/ Neil said and all the other post its clear that he was simply saying that Manic M was offring really nice adapters that would nicely compliment the Sprocket that Rebel Gears made for my good buddy KK.

And by the way KK glad to hear you got such a nice sprocket now, that pic shows some nice work.

Cant wait to see your build ready for the maiden voyage......

Map
.wee.

OH!!! Now I get it. I think that Goat may have accidentally turned off the punctuation keys on his keyboard to start the confusion, but it would seem that Map has proven his usefulness yet again as an interpreter for those of us that are slow on the take - lol.

@ Goat: I was actually considering an MM adapter, but decided against it since my hub measures 1.445" instead of the recommended 1.54" hub for use with an adapter. I've heard that an aluminum-can-shim could make it work, but in the end, I figured a direct bolt-on sprocket would better suit my needs (and finances), for the time-being anyway.

At one time, I had found the bolt-pattern for both the MM adapter as well as the Sportsman 3-piece, but I think I may have lost them in the mix. I'll see if I can dig them up again in case anyone is interested in scooping up a Rebel sprocket to suit their respective adapters. Kk

EDIT: I was able to dig up those bolt patterns from here on the forums with great thanks to those that posted them.

Here we find that the Sportsman adapter is a 3/8" mounting bolt on 3x3.75" pattern.

I'm not sure what size hardware Manic uses, but here MBR is kind enough to share the MM adapter patterns for both large and small circle adapters:
Small = 3x3.125"
Large = 3x3.625"

Last edited: