What is correct fuel mixture?

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
So my 2 stroke china engine is broke in and running good. What is the correct fuel oil mixture after break in? Some say 20 to 1, some say 25 to 1, some say 35 to 1, and some are advocating 100 to 1! I don't believe 100 to 1 could be right... So what is the right mixture???

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Whatever the quality oil manufacturer recommends for an air cooled engine application, everything else is just personal preference.

The most common is 32:1 with a non-synthetic if that helps any ;)

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
there are plenty of threads out there lol

but first do some foot work around your niegborhood and see who has the best gas lol where i am from the gas is garbage and full of detergants heavy metal and water.

it makes no since to use awsome sythetic oil if your putting it in bad gas .

find out who has the best gas ... as in cleanest... and use that mixed with full synthetic oil 50:1 or 40:1

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
How about trying this:
http://motorbicycling.com/search.php

Do some research please...
This has been discussed too much for this same topic to keep popping up.

Sheesh
I did the research inside and outside of this forum and came up with many opinions, that's why I started the thread.
If this topic continues to "pop up", apparently it is still in demand. Is this or is this not what a forum is for? A forum is like a river, it flows where ever the current takes it. I'm just sayin...
.flg.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas

but first do some foot work around your niegborhood and see who has the best gas lol where i am from the gas is garbage and full of detergants heavy metal and water.

find out who has the best gas ... as in cleanest... and use that mixed with full synthetic oil 50:1 or 40:1
Yes so many forums with so much information, much of it conflicting info too. I'm a gear head and have never had a problem with fuel here in Vegas, but thank you for the tip it makes perfect sense.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Whatever the quality oil manufacturer recommends for an air cooled engine application, everything else is just personal preference.

The most common is 32:1 with a non-synthetic if that helps any ;)
Since my engine is almost stock I am using a non synthetic oil. 32:1 seems like a good place to start, thanks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Know what you mean MassDrive. Can drive ya insane, the differing thoughts and opinions. Oil ratio was particularly confusing to me as well. I had never owned a 2 smoke any thing.

Just what I do and in no way advice, but I use 6oz of dyno oil for break in. (dyno, non-synthetic) To one gallon of 87 oct. gas. Then just under 4 oz to a gallon after that.
Again, just what I do.

The 100:1 oil is a specialty oil and a great many folks who I trust swear by it. But I have no experience with it. There was a great deal of debate on it. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...2371471724j66#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=opti&gsc.page=1

Hope I didn't just add to your confusion.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
cheap walmart oil at 32:1 seems to keep them running under hard use for years

there are other ways to go, but this seems cheap & easy

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans

Um... how exactly would I go about finding out what is in my local gasoline ? wouldn't I need a Lab for that ???

boocher13

Aug 13, 2013
manchester,ct
I'm in ct as well,Manchester to be exact. I broke mine in with a too oily 16:1 then went to 24:1 and now I'm mixing 32:1 . I used cheapo oil at first and now I'm running Maxim Castor 927 . Between the engine breaking in and the lower oil content my engine runs noticeably smoother with much better throttle response. I'm going to mix my next batch at 50:1 and see how she behaves.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm in ct as well,Manchester to be exact. I broke mine in with a too oily 16:1 then went to 24:1 and now I'm mixing 32:1 . I used cheapo oil at first and now I'm running Maxim Castor 927 . Between the engine breaking in and the lower oil content my engine runs noticeably smoother with much better throttle response. I'm going to mix my next batch at 50:1 and see how she behaves.
I run Opti2 at 100:1 in all my engines and sometimes I add about a teaspoon of Maxim 927 Castor to my tank, good stuff, but one thing to be aware of is that in cold weather Castor will drop out of the mix, have heard this from several pros, don't know why it does but have heard the the Castor will separate from the fuel when the temp of the fuel drops down below a certain level.

Just thought I would put this out there, someone with more knowledge on the subject than I have can ring in and explain why Castor drops out at cold temps.

Map
.wee.

boocher13

Aug 13, 2013
manchester,ct
I've never read that, but I'm new to the scene and that's good info to know . It gets so dang cold here I wont be riding sub 60 degrees most likely.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've never read that, but I'm new to the scene and that's good info to know . It gets so dang cold here I wont be riding sub 60 degrees most likely.
sounds to me likie you have nothing to be concerned about, I had forgotten at what temp it was said to separate but now that I know I think this is a dead issue in my mind.

map