What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Guinness Extra Stout brother.
That is a really good day(^)(^) Man, space like that for free? Fantastic, really.
At first I thought you meant four different jobs- soundin like me...

Small, but good: A fella I sell my precious time on this planet to, walked up to me and said he likes the thing's I do (he pays me to do whatever I see that needs done) handed me $30, and told me to have dinner on him. A single fella can have a pretty decent meal for that.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan,
Your a diplomat. I would have told the pencil neck to hold on the anchor while we put it over side so he could inspect the river bottom to see how much mud we needed and we would pull it up in 1/2 an hour to get his report.

Free space. Perfect. Good things do happen to good people.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty dang cool Trey. Hope it was a great meal!

Is funny you said "I sell my precious time on this planet" Just that thought is why I stopped sailing for a living. (That and they tossed my butt out for medical stuff, lol)

But it really is precious, our time here and should be spent wisely.
Work is great and great fun if you do something fun. So do something fun. Just not all the time or you'll go blind....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan,
Your a diplomat. I would have told the pencil neck to hold on the anchor while we put it over side so he could inspect the river bottom to see how much mud we needed and we would pull it up in 1/2 an hour to get his report.

Free space. Perfect. Good things do happen to good people.

Steve.
LOL Steve, I really wanted to tie a bucket to that man's foot, throw it over and get underway.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A bunch of us got to go to a trade show to check out a bunch of work related stuff, we ended up in Seal Beach at the pier for lunch.... It was a nice day at the beach... Back to the grind tomorrow... But then again it's bike to work day with a wellness event to attend...

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Me too. I left early 'cause Pop's oxygen concentrator crapped out last night and I had to be here to get the exchange done.

If they don't like it they can fire me - :)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
That the tornado in Moore, OK missed my store by about 300 yards. Still quite a bit of damage outside in the garden area. At least 4 associates lost their homes, but there were no serious injuries --- that I know of.

Modern technology can sometime be a frightening thing. For a while, it looked like we were gonna have a direct hit with about 100 associates and customers in the 'safe' room.....could've been very ugly today. So far, I think they've confirmed 91 deaths with many more missing.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Here's what happened (on the way home) from work...
The guy ran a red light and plowed into me.

He said "I never saw the light!" At least he admitted fault so it wasn't my word against his.

The bad news is they are likely to give me waaay less than I can replace the truck for, since in Ohio they only have to pay the value of the vehicle at the time of the accident.

What doesn't show in the photo is that the truck is banana shaped and the front of the engine, which got broken! It torn through the oil pan, ripped off the pulleys from the front of the engine, and also the airbag I got to eat.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks!

Yes, but now I am on number 8 of my 9 lives!

We weren't really hurt, but all our mowing equipment and tools were launched through the air and down the road, totaling the mower, and severely injuring the weed wacker and 6 hp walk behind weed wacker.

5 more feet into the intersection, and Mrs. Joe would have had a Camry in her door at 50 mph. That would have been a different story.

Last edited: