Performance CDI

GoldenMotor.com

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
did you find time to get a quote for postage to me in tasmania cheers
USPS flat rate international looks like it's just about $25 which is WAY better than the fedex calculated quote of $110. Still need to verify that at the post office before I know for sure.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Update: for those not in the USA, shipping will be separate and added to the price, I will have to see who has the best rates and will quote you before any payments are made.

As of right now i'm just waiting on the parts, all of which are in the mail. hoping on a few more weeks to receive but china can be known to take a lonnggg while.

ALSO:*Ill be supplying just the built boards*, no enclosure or ignition coil.
If i can find some cheap enclosures ill further update this, but the one i'm personally using was $6 (aluminum), i'm sure plastic is cheaper. If i can find them in store (haven't checked radioshack yet)
Just made a board with my spare parts and it took just shy of 2 hours beginning to finish. I'm sure they'll go a bit faster if i do it production line style...but i still go over them piece by piece at least 3-4 times to make sure everything is perfectly correct.

PRICING:
~Built board, ready to go (no enclosure or ignition coil) $20 shipped to usa (out of country covers cost difference in shipping, quotes will be send once boards are all completed and ready to be shipped)
~Parts package (everything to build your own board, each resistor labeled, no instructions, no enclosure or ignition coil) $13 shipped to usa (out of country covers cost difference in shipping, quotes will be send once parts are in my hand and ready to be shipped)

Last edited:

chevelle454

Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
any update on when the parts are coming? also if you could post a pic or two of the finished boards, that would be great

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
any update on when the parts are coming? also if you could post a pic or two of the finished boards, that would be great
Just waiting on the:
Jumper shunts, should be here tomorrow
Pins for jumpers, estimated delivery 9th-25th
Capacitors, Estimated delivery 2nd-11th
boards, estimated delivery 5th-23rd

Already received large capacitors from china, and everything else arrived from mouser a few days ago.

When everything arrives and i build 1 pics will be put up for your viewing pleasure

and dimension for future enclosures :)
boards are 5x7 cm :)

Ill be making a list for those interested below...

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
1) maniac57
2) chevelle454
3) fx-2
4/5) hsvmick (Australia)
6) nostyle
7) jimmymc2286
8) Legwon (Canada)

If you're not on the list and am interested, simply copy it, add your name and repost

Cheers!

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
1) maniac57
2) chevelle454
3) fx-2
4/5) hsvmick (Australia)
6) nostyle
7) jimmymc2286
8) Legwon (Canada)
9) Huffydavidson
10) Mountain 80(Canada) 1 completed board AND 1 parts kit

I am interested in 1 complete board and 1 parts kit for me and my buddy ! Do you have a pic of the finished board yet?? My Jag unit died and when I took it to my electrical buddy he said the layout was atrocious and not tidy at all from an electrical perspective.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
IMG_20130407_095728.jpg

Hey guys and gals... I was hoping to get you guys input,. Would i be able to use this CDI on my bike's 66 cc motor I got it off of a four cylinder outboard w/12 volt ignition & there were 4 of these one for each cylinder.
It should work right? It has the same wire set up as stock CDI a power wire a ground wire and a plug wire. It should put out the same if not a more consistent voltage correct?

Last edited:

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
View attachment 58302

Hey guys and gals... I was hoping to get you guys input,. Would i be able to use this CDI on my bike's 66 cc motor I got it off of a four cylinder outboard w/12 volt ignition & there were 4 of these one for each cylinder.
It should work right? It has the same wire set up as stock CDI a power wire a ground wire and a plug wire. It should put out the same if not a more consistent voltage correct?
Looks like you may have posted in the wrong area.
Question can be better answered if re posted under the lighting and electrical section, unless someone from this thread knows? I personally am not sure

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
`i didn't think i posted it here i thought i posted it in take a tip leave a tip during a discussion , on CDI's

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
`i didn't think i posted it here i thought i posted it in take a tip leave a tip during a discussion , on CDI's
can an admin or moderator move this post for me?

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
1) maniac57
2) chevelle454
3) fx-2
4/5) hsvmick (Australia)
6) nostyle
7) jimmymc2286
8) Legwon (Canada)
9) Huffydavidson

I have to hold off my cdi so I have returned the list as it was.

Sorry for any inconvience.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
voltage/ohms play into this. ht is 6v so... maybe someone can help but i'd say no. but im no cdi expert. unlike the 50's their are lots of different coils now.