Greetings from Arkansas!

GoldenMotor.com

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Hey, I was just browsing idly at work when I found this site. I had just bought a bike from Walmart ($70 deal, crappy bike... I had to fix the rear brakes and replace the hard plastic seat), and I have just received a 70cc motor engine kit I ordered online. Also coming in the mail is front and rear lights, and a speedometer.

I've done my research as far as the law is concerned. Here in Arkansas it's perfectly legal to drive one, but you still need to register it. Also because my bike is over 50cc I'm going to need a certificate, but that won't be too hard to get.

As far as I know, I will be the first or one of the first in my city to drive one around. I've never seen anyone else do it here in Little Rock, and I'm a bit worried for my safety. car vs bike = loose. I think I'll avoid the main streets.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to the forum! Just so you know the people that designed that bike did not ever plan on a motor being installed on it! Take your time and if you see anything you can improve do it. Stay off the bypass, you'll get run over. I was scarred in a Freightliner. rotfl, (c)

Hauzer

Oct 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Well, the instructions for this thing were really horrible... so it took much longer than I expected and I really had to use my brain. At the moment it should run if given the proper gas and oil mixture, but the kill switch hasn't been plugged up yet and the chain is too loose. I'm going to go looking for a chain tool either today or tomorrow before I attempt to power it up.

The engine is from china and so is the bike =P I had to take the cap off the carburetor to make it fit this thing, and I admit to using electrical tape to hold up the black plastic box hooked up to the spark plug. For the carburetor, I kept the filter on with screws and big washers, but water could get in there so I'm going to have to make some kind of cover for it.

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
For the kill switch I just trimmed the wire to length, exposed about 1/2 inch of each wire, then plugged them in with the connectors for the wires between the engine and the black box. Gives them a tighter connection. Anyway if you join up at the Spookytooth site they have a pretty good FAQ and Instructions section. Have fun!