What a Jerk or am I over reacting?

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I put my Sportsman Flyer on Ebay and a guy messaged me and this is what he said about my ad. "you need to do more research because in the mid teens and 20's,pedal was how they started the bike,not kick!!and sorry,sportsman frames are not as close as it gets!" Please look at my ad.
Other Makes Other Makes - eBay (item 300624259848 end time Nov-22-11 08:55:34 PST)
I looked up his name and now know why he said this. His ad Custom Built Motorcycles : board track Custom Built Motorcycles : board track | eBay.

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I sent him this:

I'm not sure how rare your bike is with that motor and I'm not too sure how many museums have $150 china motors on their bikes. What is your tank made of? Is it fiberglass? If it is, I don’t think that many bikes of the era your bike depicting had fiberglass gas tanks. I also think the plastic pedals and reflectors are a good touch. I almost purchased the identical bike you are selling but at Deuce Custom Bicycles for $1800. They build them anyway you want them.

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I'd love to have his email to show this guy from "EAST SIDE CUSTOMS" the 1928 motor and 20/30's gear box on my new build. I don't mean to get on the china motor guys. Don't get on someone about their bike then call your bike a museum piece when it has a $150 motor on it. I know there are some sweet bikes out there running them and some are pretty darn fast. But a museum piece???

Last edited:

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
So,Robertriley, your bike is still for sale? Man, it's beautiful. Hmmm. Now I just need a bunch of money and it could be mine:)

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hey so I just looked up the blue yale one and compared it to yours. PPPPHHHFFFFFFF!!!!!!! You got this one hands down!!! Your bike is way the **** better.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Jerk for sure ...not over reacting he is jealous for sure , Did you notice his handle bar is just a beach cruisers bar upside down. I'm sure his is a nice bike but it isn't even in the same league as yours & he knows it

Last edited:

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I really wish I knew what he hoped to accomplish by demeaning your bike. Perhaps it helps him justify his price...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm almost sure I would not sell it to that person.
They sound like a complainer.
Let 'em be.
...and move on!

Gosh, the ad reads 'tribute'...

Best
rc

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
I put my Sportsman Flyer on Ebay and a guy messaged me and this is what he said about my ad. "you need to do more research because in the mid teens and 20's,pedal was how they started the bike,not kick!!and sorry,sportsman frames are not as close as it gets!" Please look at my ad.
Other Makes Other Makes - eBay (item 300624259848 end time Nov-22-11 08:55:34 PST)
I looked up his name and now know why he said this. His ad Custom Built Motorcycles : board track Custom Built Motorcycles : board track | eBay.
i just sent him a mesage here is what i wrote:D

nice looking bike but hardly a piece of history with a $150 china motor.i know people that build these,for alot less.why didn't you put a morini in it????

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Yes, still for sale. I listed it yesterday, the same day he sent me that comment. I was offered $1800 and a trade. He has a motorbicycle with a 1940s whizzer motor. He is also interested in my 1948 villiers motor. Great guy, we have a lot of the same interest. He has one of the sweetest MB I've seen. 1912 HD with a tricked out whizzer and a 2 speed gearbox. We might work something out. I'm always open to trades.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Ihate selling stuff on the internet , people ask you the stupidist questions .

I have a snowblower up for sale , the guy calls me , asks me a few nomal questions ,
then asks me ( well can you tell me a little about its history )
I,m thinkin to myself ... what the **** ?
so i tell the guy ( well , i think theres a history of cancer on its mothers side )
and he's like what ?

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
lol...you and Kris Blake (Blake Build) must be brothers. What history? IT BLOWS SNOW! I understand that he wants to know about repairs but it sounds like that was covered. By the way, was your snowblower dating the weed wacker a couple doors down?