Honda GHX-50 & Huasheng 142F-cc Racing Cam Install Videos

GoldenMotor.com

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
Hi and sorry for not getting back to you sooner I am a little behind in my emails and will catch up this weekend.
Now I have to apologize to every one I have a few things wrong on this video I am going to remove it and redo the video.
The mark I use in the video is wrong and the lifter adjustment is not as simple as it is in the video sorry for any confusion video as well.
So as I said I am going to remove the videos and redo them
Terry
so you do use the arrow provided on the cam? omg and i ran my motor 2 miles to test on your word on how to install it it runs and nothing blew up...

but terry come on if your going to do a video do it right make sure you have the facts because this could of went bad i mean really bad..

now i have to pull it all back apart

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have over 300 miles on mine and I have been towing a trailer too do you think if there was a serious problem I would have found it by now just change to the other way and you will be fine.
Terry
PS try to find a service manual for these they don't exist.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
I have over 300 miles on mine and I have been towing a trailer too do you think if there was a serious problem I would have found it by now just change to the other way and you will be fine.
Terry
PS try to find a service manual for these they don't exist.
ok lets get our facts straight.. you have 300 miles on the way you set it up which is the way in the videos??

now your telling me to put it the other way where the arrow is pointing at the dot?

terry its not a question of a service manual.. you have motors you sell them in all your selling of them have you ever noticed where the cam was when you pulled it out...

i did i noticed it was like in your videos i pulled mine out then i saw the arrow not even on the dot it was on the little dimple like you said..

then i saw scotto who put one in too he put his in with arrow on the dot and he ran it... now this confuses me... seems to stand that the arrow from the factory is where it should be but not what i found when i pulled it apart but mine runs the way i have it now and so does scotto the way he has.. thats weird its really weird it shoulndt run at all at 180 out of time but it runs

so this is why im asking you a guy who builds these things which way is correct...

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
ok lets get our facts straight.. you have 300 miles on the way you set it up which is the way in the videos??

now your telling me to put it the other way where the arrow is pointing at the dot?

terry its not a question of a service manual.. you have motors you sell them in all your selling of them have you ever noticed where the cam was when you pulled it out...

i did i noticed it was like in your videos i pulled mine out then i saw the arrow not even on the dot it was on the little dimple like you said..

then i saw scotto who put one in too he put his in with arrow on the dot and he ran it... now this confuses me... seems to stand that the arrow from the factory is where it should be but not what i found when i pulled it apart but mine runs the way i have it now and so does scotto the way he has.. thats weird its really weird it shoulndt run at all at 180 out of time but it runs

so this is why im asking you a guy who builds these things which way is correct...
I just pulled the engine apart that I used in the video and when you turn the engine over until the arrow mark lines up it is one tooth out is sink. That is why the is a slight loss of power.
So now use the arrow on the cam I will consult on exactly how to correctly
adjust the valve lash and redo the video.
My apologies to any one that did it the way I did as you will have to redo it as it the way shown was not completely correct.
Terry

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
I just pulled the engine apart that I used in the video and when you turn the engine over until the arrow mark lines up it is one tooth out is sink. That is why the is a slight loss of power.
So now use the arrow on the cam I will consult on exactly how to correctly
adjust the valve lash and redo the video.
My apologies to any one that did it the way I did as you will have to redo it as it the way shown was not completely correct.
Terry
exactly how mine was.. im lucky that the valves didnt contact my piston..

im just curiouse how a person like yourself makes a video without knowing the facts.. you could have damaged alot of peoples motors.. first of all before anything went out the door to ship from agk agk should have done proper testing all i get from them is we raced it on a track well did you collect data did you pull the motor back apart to see what lasted after so many miles...

the other thing that gets me is why agk the makers of this cam and supplier of the carb didnt make the video...

this could have turned out very bad for us all..

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
In the larger view of it all I say kudos to Terry. He is taking the time to try and figure out new components and procedures for us that are arriving on the market and then offering video tutorials. I'm new to the 'hey I'll put a motor in my bike' crowd, but I can tell you that my motor and kit provided me basically zero info, so info from this forum and vendors have been a saving grace.

There is still a bit of a learning curve to all this, so I try to check a few resouces if available when I work on my bike as I don't assume one person is the great all knowing Oz to four stroke motors.

Nobody here wants to misdirect another and and I realize an error of this type can be detrimental, I do hope that your motor ok, but I think this is more of a team effort.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you guys I put a lot of time in on these videos and get nothing in return the video on the cam took me 6 hours to do.
Not sure what that guys problem is I am still running my bike with it that way if it didn't work for me I would not have posted it
Good to see there are at lease a few good people left in here this will be the last help post on this forum from me.
I'm tired of the people that have nothing better to do than b i t c h about free information.
So figure this crap out your self and quit leaning on other people to figure it out for you.

Hi Terry,

Please keep making your videos, as they are a great asset, and we thank you. We understand it isn't "required" and takes a lot of your time. Please don't let the 1% mess it up for the rest of us [99%]. Looking forward to your updated video, as I missed the first edition.

Have fun,

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
Thank you guys I put a lot of time in on these videos and get nothing in return the video on the cam took me 6 hours to do.
Not sure what that guys problem is I am still running my bike with it that way if it didn't work for me I would not have posted it
Good to see there are at lease a few good people left in here this will be the last help post on this forum from me.
I'm tired of the people that have nothing better to do than b i t c h about free information.
So figure this crap out your self and quit leaning on other people to figure it out for you.
wow terry i will never buy off you again with a statement like what you just wrote... some guy my name is locutus_1 dont reduce me to a nobody ive bought tons of things from you been nice to you and this is how you treat me.. terrible business practice it is to write something like this it really is...

your blameing me for free info.. the info is required to install the cam how hard is that to understand you sell a product give us the wrong info possibly ****ing up or motors and you have the never to say its free info.. and you wont even address me you adress the others. talk about a slap in the face of a customer.. the other people dont see it but i sure as **** do youve reduced me to "someguy"

maybe you should not do this anymore.. guys if your watching terry dosent make these cams or carbs or anything on his site hes only a drop shipper he buys off other companies that we can buy from too so from now on i wont be buying off you since you showed your true colors

"leaning on other people" funny when i purchase something from you you outght to be there to help.. next time you decide to sell something do research before sending it out and dont wait 2 months to make a video on a product that 5 or more people bought to use us to test it out and gain your expeirence from us on our dollar and time...

im am just shocked at the attitude you presented just now.. and it took you 6 hours to pull a small cover off an engine that had no tranny and you said its a testing motor... another lie right there whole thing takes about 2 hours tops..

what kind of seller are you for pete sake surprised others let you sell their product.. if i were agk and i saw this post i would have a stern talking to you

"youget nothing in return" how about our money we paid you for these cams etc we buy your product even though its not yours and you only order it

so everyone reading this again just go to the source agk sells stuff from their website and engines grubee distrubutors ebay you name it

and many of you think im a jerk oh terrys a nice guy etc ive never had problems... im the type of person to not let people like terry demean me or others so far 4 of you treated me like i dont know anything.. turns out i was right... now im not tooting my horn just to say i told you so im sticking up formyself and others... who come across this guy..

btw terry youve done this kind of talk to another guy in youtube jumped on his case for something cant remember what it was but i remember you doing the same thing..

this post proves him other wise.. when i ran my business and i ran one for 20 years i never spoke to a customer this way always made sure i did the right thing helped them out even if i did something and didnt charge that makes them come back for more services..

"your tired of people *****ing" well terry maybe you should do something right for once.. you could have destroyed motors but oh well you dont care even though you apologized.. it took me to bring it up for you to find out it was wrong in the first place.. and i get no thanks for it im the bad guy because i went agains a person who sells us stuff...

i will not help anyone on this forum either it has been nothing but a hastle from a few bad apples here that dont know how to talk and treat people...

you know who you are....

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
Terry, I would hate to see you drop this forum. You and several others are a vast library for those of us who know how a bike works, know how a motor works, but put them together...well I have some questions.

I find the videos my best resource for figuring things out, as I need to see - not read- the information. I hope in the future to be able to contributed in areas that I may be able to help.

There are some gray areas in the production, assembly, and improvements of these motors and every bit helps.

Locutus, I am sure Terry had no intent of posting information to cause you issue and he apologized for not being completely correct to all. Please realize that information you have brought forward is of value as is that of Terry.

I hope things settle down and you both continue on the board, it will only improve the level.

I think Terry's business and practice are respected, I know he sent me an e-mail this Sunday evening, so I would say he is responsive to his customers.

Can we get back on track with the carb and cam now, I am really excited about this mod and am looking for some real world experienced input.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Hey man, take it easy. Terry was trying to help he wasn't trying to destroy your engine. You've said your engine runs fine despite how you installed your cam so I don't know why it's so important for you to post on this forum what a terrible person Terry is.

Modifying this little engine is new to everyone. We are all learning together. If your engine was damaged from improper cam installation I'm sure you can handle it outside of this forum. Terry has been a wealth of information to me on bicycle components. He's a good guy with a lot of experience and does what he does because he has a passion for it. Terry makes pennies on the parts he drop ships for us. He isn't getting rich as a drop shipper so lay off him. You keep saying "could have" destroyed your engine with the improper cam installation instructions. Well your engine isn't destroyed so its probably time to lay this to rest. You've made your point.

BTW when I buy a cam for my small block Chevy engine from Summit Racing they do not provide me with any videos or installation instructions. Hot ridding isn't for everyone, if it was everyone would have a high performance engine. It takes a little talent and some trial and error to build high output engines. So remove your side cover, re-set your cam timing and go to the race at Grange and smash guys running a stock cam!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey man, take it easy. Terry was trying to help he wasn't trying to destroy your engine. You've said your engine runs fine despite how you installed your cam so I don't know why it's so important for you to post on this forum what a terrible person Terry is.

Modifying this little engine is new to everyone. We are all learning together. If your engine was damaged from improper cam installation I'm sure you can handle it outside of this forum. Terry has been a wealth of information to me on bicycle components. He's a good guy with a lot of experience and does what he does because he has a passion for it. Terry makes pennies on the parts he drop ships for us. He isn't getting rich as a drop shipper so lay off him. You keep saying "could have" destroyed your engine with the improper cam installation instructions. Well your engine isn't destroyed so its probably time to lay this to rest. You've made your point.

BTW when I buy a cam for my small block Chevy engine from Summit Racing they do not provide me with any videos or installation instructions. Hot ridding isn't for everyone, if it was everyone would have a high performance engine. It takes a little talent and some trial and error to build high output engines. So remove your side cover, re-set your cam timing and go to the race at Grange and smash guys running a stock cam!
Wow Shane thank you for your comments
I will be reposting the videos now with Shane's help I have the right way to do the lifters now. I will let you see the videos before I post them so I can be sure it is correct.
These videos will be much longer and way more detailed spanning 45 mins to one hour.
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
sorry to bump this thread but i just bought a hp camshaft from AGK. The custom ground camshaft was sold out so i bought this one i was wondering if this one will fit the Huasheng engine.
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=1608&Category_Code=MTRBK49
Hi it's all good.
I do know that some parts from the huasheng engine will work on the Honda but I have not heard if it will work the other way, the best way to find out is to ask Shane from AGK, try calling him