Laid-Back Seat Post

GoldenMotor.com

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
I think I would have to lose the rat trap as well...unless you can make one at 120 degrees instead of a right angle??

Heh heh..I'm no welder, but even I can see that complicates the build quite a bit!

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
Hiya Kip
My seat post arrived today safe and sound here in Nova Scotia, nice work.
All primed and ready for me to paint as well - cheers!
john

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
Hiya Kip...I'm struggling to post a pic of the new seat post on one of my builds.

Only a laughable 19KB permitted for a .png??

Lol - what is it, 1997?

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
The funny part, is when I put the old post back on (this bike is sold, as is) - it made it feel small and cramped!

With the old post, I feel like I'm sitting right up on the tank, and my knees come very close to the handle bars on sharp turns.

I prefer the set-back post, cheers for that. At $20, you're not exactly gonna retire early, lol - but I appreciate the bargain. I'll need another one once I've been paid for this bike - hopefully you'll still be making them

John

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
The funny part, is when I put the old post back on (this bike is sold, as is) - it made it feel small and cramped!

With the old post, I feel like I'm sitting right up on the tank, and my knees come very close to the handle bars on sharp turns.

I prefer the set-back post, cheers for that. At $20, you're not exactly gonna retire early, lol - but I appreciate the bargain. I'll need another one once I've been paid for this bike - hopefully you'll still be making them

John
Hi,John
Glad you like it! I'll be making them as long as there's a call for them! I'd make other improvements and accessories if there's a calling for them.Just doesn't seem like much interest in some of the items I've offered, most of the members don't want to pay extra for AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS! Search some of the Threads I've posted,many are solid improvements but no interests. Kip.
[email protected]

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
HI Kip,
Just to let you know that I just received my seat post and it is awesome!!!!!
Thanks for the deal, best post and even better price.
Thanks again.
smemo666

CDizzle

Oct 1, 2011
Dayton, OH
Kip this is EXACTLY what i have been looking for!! one question though. As you know, the lines of the Roller frame do not follow the old school cruiser lines, and drop off at an angle behind the seat tube as apposed to having the high arch. I worry that this will cause an extreme gap between the rear of the seat and the top of the fender.

Is there any way you could place the offset plate at a slight downward angle to compensate for this issue? I'm sure you have a roller frame around there somewhere for mocking it up. lol

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Kip this is EXACTLY what i have been looking for!! one question though. As you know, the lines of the Roller frame do not follow the old school cruiser lines, and drop off at an angle behind the seat tube as apposed to having the high arch. I worry that this will cause an extreme gap between the rear of the seat and the top of the fender.

Is there any way you could place the offset plate at a slight downward angle to compensate for this issue? I'm sure you have a roller frame around there somewhere for mocking it up. lol
Hi CDizzle
I sold a Laid-Back seat post to an OP Roller owner and he loves it.