Laid-Back Seat Post

GoldenMotor.com

baD mR fRosTy

Sep 14, 2011
Halifax
One thing I have found with setting the saddle back with Kip's seat posts
is that on my mile long grave road that twists and tutrns...I get a wonderful and "predictable" front wheel "drift" that is fun as heck...if I lean forward I regain immediate traction.

I actually like the sensation...at 20 mph that is, lol...

But it's a reminder that the rear wheel is taking a lot more weight...the further back the seat. I suppose far enough back and one could pop "wheelies, lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Kip........are you there? Are you here? Where might you be?

I have a build here and something seems to be missing.........can you help me out?

lemme try pm'ing you.....

scotto-

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Cool 'laid back' seat post Kip.

I just rolled this Dynamik into the service bay for a 48V electric 7-speed shifting assist this weekend so I snapped a pic.

How is that for a 'laid back' seat? hehehe ;-}
I guess this is what's called a semi-recumbent bicycle.

I'm all about the lazy boy on two wheels- do you know where I could find a seat like that?

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
Hi,All
Is anyone interested in my version of a lay-back seat post? It is made from 1.5"x.375"x 5.375 long steel both ends are radiused and drilled thru,the stock size is, seat post 1.062 or 27mm 6" long. Set back is 5" and the seat stub is 2.75"long x .840" or 21.35mm, both the seat post tube and the seat stub are Tig welded top and bottom.They come primered ready for paint. I can make them to fit any bike.$20.+$10.shipping. The one shown on top is a custom order.I now can do Paypal.Kip.
[email protected]
Are you still selling the seat posts? I could sure use one.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK

What an awesome frame, sweetest I have ever seen I think. What is the brand name & year if you don't mind. The motor brackets are cool too.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Kip, if you're still producing your posts I sure do have an interest in obtaining one for a project I'm working on - I think your dimensions are just right. Let me know & we can close the deal with Paypal. There are other posts out there, but I think yours are about the cleanest I've seen.
-------------------------------
Thanks, Panhead

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Kip, if you're still producing your posts I sure do have an interest in obtaining one for a project I'm working on - I think your dimensions are just right. Let me know & we can close the deal with Paypal. There are other posts out there, but I think yours are about the cleanest I've seen.
-------------------------------
Thanks, Panhead
Me too.

And what motor, and mount is that on the blue bike above?